Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » error in reports 6 on creating pdf file from a form (oracle 10g, reports 6)
error in reports 6 on creating pdf file from a form [message #479149] Thu, 14 October 2010 14:35 Go to next message
socotrin
When a creating a pdf report in reports 6, under oracle 10g, the error message displayed is: The file is damaged and could not be repaired. If I change the report definition from a pdf to a txt file, the error does not display, but the output has the margings distorted.. It only happens when using reports 6

Thanks,

Jaime
Re: error in reports 6 on creating pdf file from a form [message #479151 is a reply to message #479149] Thu, 14 October 2010 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I saw a similar error when report contained an image (company logo). It worked fine in development phase, but kept failing during tests. It appeared that we "forgot" to copy logo to a test server. Once we did it, everything was just fine.

Now, as TXT reports seem to be working, the above story *might* be true (as textual reports don't contain images).

However, the last sentence (that it happens only with Reports 6i) is a little bit confusing. Does it mean that reports work fine if developed with Reports 10g?
Re: error in reports 6 on creating pdf file from a form [message #479233 is a reply to message #479151] Fri, 15 October 2010 07:54 Go to previous message
socotrin
Thanks for the reply. Yes, when I run similar reports 10g, they output comes out fine. The report does not contain the company logo. The thing is I cannot run the report created in 6i in 10g, without rewriting it again. When I select the properties to output as a PDF, the error message comes up. If I select the output as TXT file, the reports comes out fine, but with the margins distorted. I am thinking that there is a configuration set up to that permits the output of Ascii files, but not binary files. Could this be the reason for the error ? If it is, do you know where such configuration needs to be chnaged ?

Thanks,
Jaime
Previous Topic: Character Report generation too slow.....
Next Topic: create password in oracle discoverer desktop
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:12:03 CDT 2024