Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Restore Linux exp in Windows ora install (Fedora\ Windows 2008 R2. version 11.2.0.1.0)
icon5.gif  Restore Linux exp in Windows ora install [message #475725] Fri, 17 September 2010 02:00 Go to next message
Kakekake
Hi

I'm Ora novice so my question might be somehow "stupid..",
I have a Linux install running Ora 11g db. server admin purposes and lack of linux knowhow, we wish to migrate to an Windows server.
The Db on the linux machine contains one db i wish to move (content included,, users etc..)
The windows server contains a Clean 11.2.0.1.0 install with no Db's (i.e. the "Database Configure Assistant shows no db's)

I have tried to run "exp" fully yes.
copied the file to the windows pc and run: (remote desktop)
set local=<Sid>
set ORACLE_SID=<Sid>

imp (using "wizard") also tried imp system/pwd file=file.dmp full=y ignore=y

My error is :
IMP-00058: ORACLE error 12154 encountered
ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified
IMP-00000: Import terminated unsuccessfully

(btw,, has also tried to make an new db in the DCA, there after run imp into that db.. with no good result.,.(fucket up users etc)

Re: Restore Linux exp in Windows ora install [message #475732 is a reply to message #475725] Fri, 17 September 2010 02:44 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
imp can import only in a database that exists.
So either you keep this way but precreate a new database in the target server, for instance using DBCA.
Either you use RMAN to do it, see Database Backup and Recovery User's Guide, chapter 24 Duplicating a Database.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Fri, 17 September 2010 02:45]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: database switching into noarchivelog mode after restart
Next Topic: Selecting specific DB for RMAN and Export
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 07:19:45 CDT 2024