Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » database switching into noarchivelog mode after restart (oracle11g on linux 5)
icon5.gif  database switching into noarchivelog mode after restart [message #475528] Wed, 15 September 2010 08:26 Go to next message
shabeermiah
Dear All,

Thanks for your consideration.

I'm trying to take the cold backups and trying to recover the db after intentional removal of my CRD files at OS level. And I shut abort the DB after I remove my CRD files at OS, when I startup the database after I restore the cold backup, the database is switching into NOARCHIVE mode automatically. And manually Im turning back into ARCHIVE-LOG mode, please help me to resolve this situation,

warm regards,

shabeer
Re: database switching into noarchivelog mode after restart [message #475529 is a reply to message #475528] Wed, 15 September 2010 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
What is a CRD file?

Quote:
the database is switching into NOARCHIVE mode automatically.

The database is in the mode it was when the backup was taken.

Quote:
, please help me to resolve this situation,

I don't see anything there is to solve.

Regards
Michel
Re: database switching into noarchivelog mode after restart [message #475530 is a reply to message #475529] Wed, 15 September 2010 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shabeermiah
Dear Mr Michel,

Thanks for your response,

CRD files are = my control, datafiles and redo log files, I'm removing these manually at OS level just for the sake of learning as Im a student.

No the database is originally in Archive log mode as I can recover the database after restoration, but it is switching into NOARCHIVELOG mode automatically when I restart after shutdown abort. please help me

thanks,

shabeer
Re: database switching into noarchivelog mode after restart [message #475535 is a reply to message #475530] Wed, 15 September 2010 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Prove your claims, it is not my experience.

Regards
Michel
Re: database switching into noarchivelog mode after restart [message #475541 is a reply to message #475535] Wed, 15 September 2010 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shabeermiah
Dear Michel,

thanks for your reply,

I have just done the shut immediate and whilst shuting down I have monitored the alert log file, and it is even saying that it is disabling the archivelog mode...

Im just wondering why is it doing like this, is there any parameter that I need to set in pfile to stop doing this???

please help me, please find the attachment

thanks,

shabeer
Re: database switching into noarchivelog mode after restart [message #475546 is a reply to message #475541] Wed, 15 September 2010 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
1/ Use SQL*PLus
2/ Show us the complete session with
a/ you show archive log mode
b/ you backup full offline
c/ you drop the file
d/ you restore
e/ you restart and show archivelog mode

Regards
Michel

Re: database switching into noarchivelog mode after restart [message #475729 is a reply to message #475546] Fri, 17 September 2010 02:34 Go to previous message
John Watson
Shabeer, your database is not switching into noarchivelog mode. The line you highlighted in that screenshot (by the way, many forum users do not like to download files like that, which is probably why you haven't had a complete answer before) says that the archiving processes are being stopped. That is because you are shutting down the database. They will be started when you startup again.
[update: typo]

[Updated on: Fri, 17 September 2010 02:35]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Simple RMAN backup and recovery.
Next Topic: Restore Linux exp in Windows ora install
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:55:00 CDT 2024