Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » OBIEE report filter and delivery (OBIEE)
OBIEE report filter and delivery [message #472769] Mon, 23 August 2010 16:23 Go to next message
shivjoshi9928gmailcom
Hi All,
One of my reports (with 20 cols) consists of multiple rows with repeated customer names (about 100 distinct customer names and approx total 5000 rows). We wanted to automatically filter out the report on customer names and send the filtered reports to the respective customers. So these 100 customers will receive their own 50 rows. We were wondering how we should go about doing this. We thought of maybe using a) iBots or b) GO URL with dummy dashboard. I was wondering if anyone has experience tackling this issue and what will be the high level design steps that will be required.
Thanks.

~Shiv
Re: OBIEE report filter and delivery [message #472876 is a reply to message #472769] Tue, 24 August 2010 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heedtheball
Guys, I would go with iBots; you can setup a request and have it scheduled to be emailed at regular interviews and choose the level of data to send the recipient - possibly different for each recipient. No more administration / maintenance beyond that. Using the GoURL is going to be a bit of a chew on ...
Re: OBIEE report filter and delivery [message #481428 is a reply to message #472876] Wed, 03 November 2010 08:27 Go to previous message
vdoru
What you need is called report bursting or report file breaking. DocumentBurster( www.pdfburst.com ) is a good application which can burst and split the reports the way you are describing here. If you are interested, you can find here the documentation on how to break the reports using DocumentBurster( www.pdfburst.com/docs.html ).
Previous Topic: Oracle OLAP
Next Topic: timediff
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:42:49 CDT 2024