Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Getting the query text from Reports (Developper 6i)
Getting the query text from Reports [message #469303] Wed, 04 August 2010 03:52 Go to next message
Amine

Hi All,
Am looking for some stuff that allows me to get the query text of a query in Oracle Reports.
Something like :
get_query_text(query_name IN VARCHAR2);

Thank you in advance,
Amine
Re: Getting the query text from Reports [message #469341 is a reply to message #469303] Wed, 04 August 2010 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Why don't you open a report in Reports Builder and take the query out?

What is the source? Is it a REP or RDF or JSP or ... file? Where would you like to run this "get_query_text"?
Re: Getting the query text from Reports [message #469618 is a reply to message #469303] Thu, 05 August 2010 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amine

Smile This is not the purpose.
Say we have a basic report based on parameters.
I want to process the data that have been printed through this parameters.

Doing this process on the 'AFTER REPORT' trigger would work.
And it works.

Now I don't want to re-write the query that brings the data on the AFTER REPORT trigger. I want to get it at runtime.

This is done to avoid doing changes in two parts of the report :
In the named query (the principal query)AND In the AFTER REPORT trigger.

Thank you in advance
Re: Getting the query text from Reports [message #469630 is a reply to message #469618] Thu, 05 August 2010 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
You're going to have to explain in more detail what you are trying to do here.
Re: Getting the query text from Reports [message #469717] Thu, 05 August 2010 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amine

Well.
Say I want to retrieve a list of employees and print it in a report. I want to add a dynamic clause to the report.
The query in the data model looks like :

select id_emp, emp_name
from emp
where 1 = 1
&clause;

where &clause is the dynamic clause.

After the report is printed, I want, for example, to log all the printed employees in a certain table say log_printed_emps.

For now, to achieve this, I am writing an 'AFTER REPORT' trigger that insert the printed employees into log_printed_emps.
The trigger look like :

begin
cursorID	EXEC_SQL.CURSTYPE;
sqlstr		VARCHAR2(1000);
nIgn		PLS_INTEGER;
nRows		PLS_INTEGER := 0;
BEGIN
	cursorID := EXEC_SQL.OPEN_CURSOR;

sqlstr := 
	' select id_emp, emp_name ' ||
	' from emp ' ||
	' where 1 = 1 ' ||
	:clause ;

EXEC_SQL.PARSE(cursorID, sqlstr);

nIgn := EXEC_SQL.EXECUTE(cursorID);

WHILE (EXEC_SQL.FETCH_ROWS(cursorID) > 0 ) 
	LOOP
		insert into log_printed_emps ...
	END LOOP;
	commit;
end;

The sqlstr in the trigger body is THE SAME query used in the data model. I want to retrieve the query in the data model.
Hope I was clear now Smile
Re: Getting the query text from Reports [message #469721 is a reply to message #469717] Thu, 05 August 2010 11:44 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
It might be easier for you to base the report query on a ref cursor in a stored procedure in the DB.
Then you could do the logging in the procedure rather than the after report trigger.
Previous Topic: rep-0737
Next Topic: .rtf report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:55:09 CDT 2024