Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Help (linking report)
Help (linking report) [message #468641] Sat, 31 July 2010 08:31 Go to next message
Amar_bu
if i have two reports one of them is that you enter the office name and it will show you list of employee. the second one i want to show the information that is related to that employee by putting beside each employee button that if pressed i will go to other report that show me information about that employee.How i could link the two form and pass the employee name to the next form
Re: Help (linking report) [message #468648 is a reply to message #468641] Sat, 31 July 2010 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It is a drill down report you are talking about. Link points to some documents found by Google. Depending on your Reports version (which you didn't mention), it might be a button (Reports 6i) or a hyperlink (higher Reports versions).
Re: Help (linking report) [message #468652 is a reply to message #468641] Sat, 31 July 2010 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amar_bu
Hi sorru I do not the function srw.run_report
I understand that i should write srw.run_report('report=my path batch =yes.....

but how to put the lining value

in my sitaution I want to link the employee name to the information in the detail block. could you please give me example with calrification about each part. Thanks
Re: Help (linking report) [message #468653 is a reply to message #468652] Sat, 31 July 2010 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
No, I can't. Now you know the keywords; do the research by yourself.
Re: Help (linking report) [message #468785 is a reply to message #468653] Mon, 02 August 2010 03:58 Go to previous message
ranamirfan

Dear Amar,

Also check it.Hopefully it'll help you.

begin
   Srw.run_report('module=E:\Store\Reports\SubCostCenterItemConsumption.rep  destype=Screen  paramform=No
   FDate='||:FDate ||' ToDate='||:Todate||'  FSCC='||:Pk_CCS_NO||' TOSCC='||:Pk_CCS_NO);   

EXCEPTION 
      when srw.run_report_failure then 
      srw.message(30, 'Error in reports.'); 
      raise srw.program_abort; 

end; 

Regards,

Irfan
Previous Topic: Calling Report from Menu (Oracle Forms 11g)
Next Topic: rep-0737
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:44:03 CDT 2024