Home » Other » Community Hangout » How do you contribute to the OraFaq ? (Any)
How do you contribute to the OraFaq ? [message #465436] Wed, 14 July 2010 02:49 Go to next message
rahulvb
How do you contribute to the OraFaq?

About ME Cool

1/ Mostly I reply/Use oracle faq forum in/from office.
2/ So I keep the faq page open and keep checking it every 4-5 min and reply to posts or create new topic.
3/ I keep checked Post Notification so that I am notified for imp posts in case.
4/ For any POC or some small test cases I use Office Dev Oracle server. Very Happy

How About you......!!!

Any great Ideas to contribute in better way !!!!
Re: How do you contribute to the OraFaq ? [message #465450 is a reply to message #465436] Wed, 14 July 2010 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rleishman
Gee, I'd love to work there. I have to work at work.

I connect at lunchtime and after work, check the unread hearders to see if there's anyting interesting, and then generally leave because there isn't.
Re: How do you contribute to the OraFaq ? [message #465465 is a reply to message #465450] Wed, 14 July 2010 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
Once in the morning.
Once or twice in office hours. For more analysis is needed, I'll push that to night / weekend, if the OP waits or won't get any replies.
At night frequently.
For Test Case, I use Dev instance / the one installed in my laptop.

By
Vamsi
Re: How do you contribute to the OraFaq ? [message #465467 is a reply to message #465465] Wed, 14 July 2010 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rahulvb
I think more or less all the people are using faq in office only. Smile As we are in Database business I think no one will object if ones opens any oracle site in office hours.
Re: How do you contribute to the OraFaq ? [message #465468 is a reply to message #465467] Wed, 14 July 2010 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
It depends on individual and the priorities.
If you are answering / asking a question here, you are learning. Mostly no one will object that.
But most of them will have their own (for company) work to do.

By
Vamsi

[Updated on: Wed, 14 July 2010 05:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How do you contribute to the OraFaq ? [message #465479 is a reply to message #465468] Wed, 14 July 2010 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
First of all,
1) I subscribed all the forums,so that I can get an email for each and every new topic.
2) From both office and home (max time from home ).
3) Looking at what people are doing..So that i can get the details of who is replying/forwhat abt the topic.. Wink
4) some times I will look at member profile who are in my buddy list.
(so many unnecessary comments & arguments on this last time I wont care Wink ).

sriram Smile
Re: How do you contribute to the OraFaq ? [message #465481 is a reply to message #465479] Wed, 14 July 2010 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
Quote:
1) I subscribed all the forums,so that I can get an email for each and every new topic. Cool
To decide, which one to read, itself will take time.Quote:
so many unnecessary comments & arguments on this last time I wont care
I know. Laughing

By
Vamsi
Re: How do you contribute to the OraFaq ? [message #465484 is a reply to message #465481] Wed, 14 July 2010 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
Quote:
I know.Laughing

Yes as you are a moderator .. Smile
Quote:
I subscribed all the forums,so that I can get an email for each and every new topic.

I have a specific reason for that ( for my tech knowledge )
And I can decide which to read and even I don`t have look at the new topics forum wise if I
have the list of topics..
if there are two new posts in one forum ..,
forum subscribe list will remind you the latest not all(you have go there(look into the forum topic list))
if its a mail each and every new topic you will get a mail list.

sriram Smile
Re: How do you contribute to the OraFaq ? [message #465576 is a reply to message #465484] Wed, 14 July 2010 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I rarely access Orafaq from home. I try to get onto the site every weekday by 4pm for an hour. When I am too busy then I may have to skip a day or three, or more. When work load backs off then I may be on the site 4, 5 or more hours a day. I check every entry in the 'Other' forums except 'Training & Certification'. I then go to the 'Forms' forum and work my way through all the 'red' entries. I then use 'Unanswered Messages' to verify that I haven't missed any threads that may have been transferred into the list 'behind' where I have been answering. My objective is that no forms question is left unanswered.

David
Re: How do you contribute to the OraFaq ? [message #465600 is a reply to message #465576] Wed, 14 July 2010 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
Quote:
My objective is that no forms question is left unanswered.

Good to see this.
Really ,This forum has got experts for each single sub forums.
Ex:ross in performance,martin in forms,mahesh in server admin,Michel,littlefoot.j`bottom ..etc at support. Smile
Most importantly sriram at community hangout Wink

sriram Smile
Re: How do you contribute to the OraFaq ? [message #465616 is a reply to message #465600] Thu, 15 July 2010 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rahulvb
ramoradba wrote on Wed, 14 July 2010 23:38
Quote:
My objective is that no forms question is left unanswered.

Good to see this.
Really ,This forum has got experts for each single sub forums.
Ex:ross in performance,martin in forms,mahesh in server admin,Michel,littlefoot.j`bottom ..etc at support. Smile
Most importantly sriram at community hangout Wink

sriram Smile

Everyone has his/her own interest........

For me
1/ SQL and PL/SQL Forums.
2/ RDBMS Server - Oracle RDBMS Database Server.
3/ Other - Non-product related Oracle Discussions.

Rest I alwasy keep minimised Smile
Re: How do you contribute to the OraFaq ? [message #465695 is a reply to message #465616] Thu, 15 July 2010 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
If anything interested ,And I really dont know any thing about the topic,
Then I will subscribe to the topic so that I get the each and every answer posted so that I can learn new things Wink

sriram Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 15 July 2010 05:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How do you contribute to the OraFaq ? [message #465767 is a reply to message #465695] Thu, 15 July 2010 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rahulvb
ramoradba wrote on Thu, 15 July 2010 05:37
If anything interested ,And I really dont know any thing about the topic,
Then I will subscribe to the topic so that I get the each and every answer posted so that I can learn new things Wink

sriram Smile

If anything is interested I Bookmark the topic so it does not send me too many emails Smile
Re: How do you contribute to the OraFaq ? [message #466177 is a reply to message #465767] Sat, 17 July 2010 09:07 Go to previous message
rleishman
rahulvb wrote on Wed, 14 July 2010 17:49
2/ So I keep the faq page open and keep checking it every 4-5 min and reply to posts or create new topic.

rahulvb wrote on Fri, 16 July 2010 00:37
If anything is interested I Bookmark the topic so it does not send me too many emails Smile

Yeah, I can see how all those emails would get distracting.
Previous Topic: Hi
Next Topic: Anna Mae Bullock
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 17:36:52 CDT 2024