Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » migration of table along with data
migration of table along with data [message #465227] Tue, 13 July 2010 04:15 Go to next message
shobhakashyapgmailcom

hi,
can any one help me to migrate the data and table from one application to another which is in apex
Re: migration of table along with data [message #465238 is a reply to message #465227] Tue, 13 July 2010 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
A "table" is a database object (i.e. it doesn't belong to Apex). Therefore, you should export that table from the current schema and import it into another one. Oracle's EXP and IMP utilities are capable of doing that job.

Or, another (simple) way is CTAS (Create Table As Select) method: you'd have to grant SELECT privilege to a user that is supposed to create a new copy of that table, connect to that user and then issue
create table some_table
as select * from current_user.table_name;
Note that CTAS won't "copy" constraints, indexes, grants, so you'd have to do that by yourself.
Re: migration of table along with data [message #465259 is a reply to message #465238] Tue, 13 July 2010 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shobhakashyapgmailcom

thanks for the reply.

i got suggested to use sql devoloper.
but i never used it.

can you explain thee steps i need to follow
Re: migration of table along with data [message #465280 is a reply to message #465259] Tue, 13 July 2010 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
delna.sexy
Do you have control on the database you are using?
If yes, then Google for IMPORT/EXPORT or IMPDP/EXPDP for this purpose.

If no, then use any front-end tool end export data from there.

regards,
Delna
Re: migration of table along with data [message #465290 is a reply to message #465280] Tue, 13 July 2010 07:20 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
So - someone suggested that you should do the job by using a tool you never used before.

Perhaps you should rather use a tool you are used to use. Which is ... what? Do you know SQL*Plus? It is capable of doing the CTAS part. (SQL Developer is something like SQL*Plus; does more or less the same, but looks prettier).

Otherwise, you'll first have to learn basics (at least) of a tool, then do the job itself.
Previous Topic: help template in apex
Next Topic: Compiling Packages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:29:39 CDT 2024