Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Best image format to use? (Oracle reports 10)
Best image format to use? [message #463101] Tue, 29 June 2010 12:25 Go to next message
monder
hi

i'm generating some document to pdf and sending them to a company. When they print them out the images in the pdf aren't very good, although they look ok in the pdf. i think it's a gif format at the minute.

what is the best image format for the best quality?

thanks
Re: Best image format to use? [message #463134 is a reply to message #463101] Tue, 29 June 2010 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
No idea. I have always thought that a PDF is WYSIWYG. In other words, what's in the PDF file should be on a printer as well.

Is, perhaps, printer set to "Economy mode" or "Draft" (or something like that) which saves toner but results in poor printing results?
Re: Best image format to use? [message #463530 is a reply to message #463134] Thu, 01 July 2010 12:54 Go to previous message
monder
hi

sorted this problem, the image was 72dpi so i increased it to 300dpi. oracle reports resizes the image to the correct size and the image looks a lot better. it would be good if oracle reports could use vector images, i have read that reports 11 you can use SVG images which won't distort when resizing or zooming in.

unless anybody knows how to use vector graphics in oracle report 10?

thanks
Previous Topic: How to Set Reports_Path ?
Next Topic: Hiding username/password when calling a report from another report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 23:14:08 CDT 2024