Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » REPORT
REPORT [message #460999] Wed, 16 June 2010 01:14 Go to next message
bramhireddy
Hai

I want to create a report by using one field and one text as columns name in layout but display the all the columns. I mension the 5 column names in query.how can I write function in summary column.
Re: REPORT [message #461012 is a reply to message #460999] Wed, 16 June 2010 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I can't imagine what you are talking about. Could you post a sample output, as well as query you wrote?

Please, use [code] or [pre] tags which will preserve formatting. If you don't know how to do that, read OraFAQ Forum Guide.
Re: REPORT [message #461019 is a reply to message #461012] Wed, 16 June 2010 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bramhireddy
PLS FIND THE ATTACHMENT TEST_REPORT.IN LAYOUT I HAVE ONLY ONE FIELD IN REPEATING FRAME AND TEXT PRESENT IN INNER MAIN FRAME.
MY QUESTION IS I WANT TO DISPLAY THE THREE ITEMS(SEE IN QUERY)IN REPORT.HOW CAN I WRITE FUNCTION IN FORMULA COLUMN.
GIVE ME ANY SUGGESIONS ANY CHANGERS IN REPORT.
Re: REPORT [message #461037 is a reply to message #461019] Wed, 16 June 2010 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
1) Do not post in upper case.
2) You have given us no details on what you want the function to do.
3) What is the problem with putting the items on the report? You just create field for each and link it to the item in the data model.
Re: REPORT [message #461131 is a reply to message #461037] Wed, 16 June 2010 12:50 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
[I don't have Reports Builder here so - no use of RDF until tomorrow]

Where is sample output I asked for? (nicely formatted)

bramhireddy
How can I write function in formula column?

What "function"? One of Oracle built-in functions (such as TO_CHAR, MAX, AVG etc.) or your own function (which is created as, for example, "CREATE FUNCTION my_function RETURN NUMBER AS ..."? Built-ins are used as usual - no difference. You have to follow all the rules that apply to their use.

A "formula column", actually, IS a function. No problem either.

Shortly - I don't know what bothers you.
Previous Topic: superscript
Next Topic: ignoring null values
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:10:08 CDT 2024