Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to Run a version 10g Report in Report Builder 6i version
How to Run a version 10g Report in Report Builder 6i version [message #459166] Thu, 03 June 2010 11:51 Go to next message
adam25
Hi,

I have a report of version 10g . I want to run this report in oracle reports 6i version.
Could any body help me out.
Please any body give the solution urgently.
Thanx
Re: How to Run a version 10g Report in Report Builder 6i version [message #459172 is a reply to message #459166] Thu, 03 June 2010 12:07 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
The first step might be crucial: try to open a 10g's RDF file in Reports Builder 6i.

If it succeeds, recompile all (Ctrl + Shift + K). Create a REP file (Ctrl + T). Run the report.

If you can't even open it in Builder 6i, I'm afraid you'll have to write the report from scratch (unless there's a known "downgrading" option available, but I don't know anything about it). I'm afraid that - when opening the report - you might see different error messages; even if you <OK> them all, and the report appears in Object Navigator, you might not see anything in Data Model Editor, no PL/SQL at all (report triggers etc.), no Data Layout ...

Good luck!

[Updated on: Thu, 03 June 2010 12:10]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Need to create a bar code in Oracle reports 2.5 (Oracle Apps 10.7 char)
Next Topic: change value in run time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:11:41 CDT 2024