Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » I need process in real time how they prepare the reports and what are the requirements clearly (Oracle reports 6i or 10g)
I need process in real time how they prepare the reports and what are the requirements clearly [message #458613] Mon, 31 May 2010 12:40 Go to next message
karthik_newlife
Hi Everyone,

I want to know the regarding to reports. In real time how they will get the requirement on report. If they get requirement how they will do the query and how they will design the formats what are the step to follow and send few sample reports for my better understanding purpose.

This is very import to me.

I'm waiting for some one's reply as early as possible .

Karthik
Re: I need process in real time how they prepare the reports and what are the requirements clearly [message #458623 is a reply to message #458613] Mon, 31 May 2010 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What? /forum/fa/1580/0/ I'm afraid I don't understand the question.

Who are "they"? What is "real time requirement on report"? "Do the query and design formats"?

Could you rephrase it, please?

I *think* that "they" are developers, and the question is how to create report once you (as a developer) get the assignment. If so, well, I don't think there's anything special about it. You are supposed to know the data model (because, without it it is impossible to write a query). Depending on your SQL skills, you'll create the SELECT statement which will fetch correct result set and be fast enough (i.e. optimized).

Formats? It must be the business that is responsible for the output format. What they describe, you create - simple as that. "Put this item here, that item there, draw a line, etc. etc.".

Sample reports? I don't have any.
Re: I need process in real time how they prepare the reports and what are the requirements clearly [message #458789 is a reply to message #458623] Tue, 01 June 2010 19:43 Go to previous message
ramoradba
Select your book from this
http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/reports.html

sriram Smile
Previous Topic: how to display data using user variable
Next Topic: Need to create a bar code in Oracle reports 2.5 (Oracle Apps 10.7 char)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:55:43 CDT 2024