Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How To Call Pdf Saved In Blob Data Base Field Direct Using Report Builder RDF
How To Call Pdf Saved In Blob Data Base Field Direct Using Report Builder RDF [message #456535] Tue, 18 May 2010 06:16 Go to next message
mmuffed
I Searched The Net To Solve My Problem But Realy I Culd Not Find Direct Complete One.
I Need To Open Pdf File Saved In My Data Base Table Field
Using Report Builder Rdf File
Re: How To Call Pdf Saved In Blob Data Base Field Direct Using Report Builder RDF [message #456591 is a reply to message #456535] Tue, 18 May 2010 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SGORTON
I think the community needs a little more information on this one. For example:

1. Are you using Oracle Forms in conjunction with Oracle Reports or are you calling Oracle Reports from a procedure or are you using Oracle Reports standalone?

2. What version db/app server are you using?

3. Can we assume you created the pdf using Oracle Forms and Oracle Reports?

4. How long has your pdf been sitting around, if it is on the app server?

A little more information please...
Re: How To Call Pdf Saved In Blob Data Base Field Direct Using Report Builder RDF [message #456594 is a reply to message #456591] Tue, 18 May 2010 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
According to the title the pdf is actually stored in a db table.

I'm not sure but I don't believe oracle reports can do this.
It's designed to create reports from data in the DB not pull reports that are already stored in the DB.
I think forms might be able to do this though.
Re: How To Call Pdf Saved In Blob Data Base Field Direct Using Report Builder RDF [message #456620 is a reply to message #456535] Tue, 18 May 2010 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmuffed
Thank You For Replaying,
Actuly I Posted My Problem After I Get Tired From Reading Solutions About The Problem But No One But Hole Ideas Just Suggestions ,So If Community Could Clear For Me This Problem I Will Be Greatfull For The Information Required :
1- Using Db 10g Rel 2 Patch 4.
2- AS Rel 2 .
3- Applications Are Builded By Oracle Forms And Reports 10G (In House Developed Systems).
4- Using Java, .net Or Any Other Programming Language Is Not Making Since (Later I will Explain Why).

We Used To Use Pdfs By Calling Them From Saved Folders By The Path Among The Years It Become In Huge Sizes Up To 100 Mg And More So It Become To Slow. So I Have Suggest We Save These Pdfs Directly To DB Because Its Possible As I Tryed And Achaive That.
But When I Tried To Open ( Call ) These Saved Pdfs From The DB 10g Just Using The Tool( Oracle Developer ) That I Have Been Using For 12 Years I Did Not success In That So I Looked In The Net,
I Found Many Suggestions But No One Using The Tool It Self For Example ( They Suggets Using Java Beans, .net Pages, C++, ..........)
What About Forms And Reports It self Is It Logical Oracle Could Saved Pdf Files To Its Data Base And Could Not Develop A Clear Direct Way To Open Them ????
I Dont Know.
So Please If Any One Faced This Problem And Have Complete Solution Help Me,
And Thanks In Advanced
Re: How To Call Pdf Saved In Blob Data Base Field Direct Using Report Builder RDF [message #456644 is a reply to message #456620] Wed, 19 May 2010 01:44 Go to previous message
ramoradba
I can give you this,Just tried to help you
http://kr.forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=610430
Goodluck
sriram Smile
Previous Topic: XML Report
Next Topic: REP-0738: only a function allowed here
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:06:03 CDT 2024