Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Built-in Function sys_context('USERENV','CLIENT_IDENTIFIER') Returning ANONYMOUS (Oracle 10.2.0.4.0; Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600])
Built-in Function sys_context('USERENV','CLIENT_IDENTIFIER') Returning ANONYMOUS [message #456105] Fri, 14 May 2010 13:28 Go to next message
wtolentino
our application codes has custom fine grain access control that looks for certain id's such as the userid and machine identifier. some of the codes rely on this sys_context('USERENV','CLIENT_IDENTIFIER') function to compare it's return result to some custom account reference table. one of the server machine that we recently use for testing purpose of new version for Oracle Reports is returning this ANONYMOUS result when the sys_context('USERENV','CLIENT_IDENTIFIER') is queried. this cause issue to our application.

normally, the sys_context('USERENV','CLIENT_IDENTIFIER') returns a null value when it can't recognize of find. how do i resolved it on the server to return the correct result?

our test server machine is running on a Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600].

thanks,
warren
Re: Built-in Function sys_context('USERENV','CLIENT_IDENTIFIER') Returning ANONYMOUS [message #456106 is a reply to message #456105] Fri, 14 May 2010 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
How does sys_context('USERENV','CLIENT_IDENTIFIER') differ from

SELECT CLIENT_INFO FROM V$SESSION WHERE SID = <MY_SID>?
Re: Built-in Function sys_context('USERENV','CLIENT_IDENTIFIER') Returning ANONYMOUS [message #456111 is a reply to message #456106] Fri, 14 May 2010 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wtolentino
unfortunately we don't have the privilege to select on V$SESSION.
Re: Built-in Function sys_context('USERENV','CLIENT_IDENTIFIER') Returning ANONYMOUS [message #456112 is a reply to message #456106] Fri, 14 May 2010 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
It differs in the way that it is "SELECT CLIENT_IDENTIFIER FROM V$SESSION WHERE SID = <MY_SID>". Wink

But I recently read a note in Metalink that there is a parameter (which I currently don't remember) that you can set and ensure that both fields have the same value.

@OP
CLIENT_IDENTIFIER is set by the application not by Oracle, so have a look at your application.

Regards
Michel
Re: Built-in Function sys_context('USERENV','CLIENT_IDENTIFIER') Returning ANONYMOUS [message #456113 is a reply to message #456112] Fri, 14 May 2010 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wtolentino
thanks michel for your prompt response. how do i check the CLIENT_IDENTIFIER that is set by the application? i'm not sure what to check.
Re: Built-in Function sys_context('USERENV','CLIENT_IDENTIFIER') Returning ANONYMOUS [message #456116 is a reply to message #456113] Fri, 14 May 2010 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Maybe
FIND /I "CLIENT_IDENTIFIER" *.*
on all the directories containing your application code?

But maybe there is a default value set by Reports that I don't know as I don't know Reports.
If you want we can move this topic into Reports forum where you should have a better chance to have an answer.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Fri, 14 May 2010 14:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Built-in Function sys_context('USERENV','CLIENT_IDENTIFIER') Returning ANONYMOUS [message #456125 is a reply to message #456116] Fri, 14 May 2010 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wtolentino
found none the report is called from a form and that form does not have the "CLIENT_IDENTIFIER". i looked into the libraries and found none also.
Re: Built-in Function sys_context('USERENV','CLIENT_IDENTIFIER') Returning ANONYMOUS [message #456139 is a reply to message #456125] Sat, 15 May 2010 01:19 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Maybe the behaviour of Reports itself.

I move the topic.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: trigger procedure call
Next Topic: XML Report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:27:26 CDT 2024