Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » create table (Oracle rport 10g)
create table [message #456017] Fri, 14 May 2010 01:45 Go to next message
lokeshsurana
I want to create report on two dummy table which are creating run time of report

from two base tables...i want to create new table having some specific columns of master table in running process of report

Is that possible to create table in running process of report by using trigger,function or procedure...........
Re: create table [message #456020 is a reply to message #456017] Fri, 14 May 2010 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Yes, it is possible to create a table from a report. You'd use SRW.DO_SQL built-in (check Report Online Help system for more information).

However, this might not be the best idea (creating tables around). Why do you think you should do that? You said that you'd create a new table, which would contain certain columns from two existing tables. If that's the case, perhaps you could use a view instead.

If you need to do inserts or updates, then consider using a global temporary table or even an "ordinary" table that'd be deleted - inserted - updated.

Just try to avoid creating tables in runtime. Oracle *usually* doesn't need that.

[Updated on: Fri, 14 May 2010 02:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: create table [message #456023 is a reply to message #456020] Fri, 14 May 2010 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lokeshsurana
i want create table run time because by two master table are too large and from that i need just two field information from two diffrenet master tables
so i think create dump table run time then create report and delete those dump table in end form trigger

Is my think....in performance grade view also
Re: create table [message #456024 is a reply to message #456023] Fri, 14 May 2010 02:13 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Wrong approach, I'd say.

Two large tables that are supposed to be "shrunk" into a smaller one is useless because you'd still have to process "large amount of data" (i.e. select from those tables and insert into a new one). Report would have to
1) fill a new table
2) fetch data from a new table
Why? Why wouldn't you rather use INSERT INTO NEW_TABLE code in report's query and directly create report output?

In my opinion, you shouldn't do that.

[Updated on: Fri, 14 May 2010 02:14]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: trigger procedure call
Next Topic: Drill down report in Oracle discoverer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:03:55 CDT 2024