Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Unable to display additional space in the parameter values (merged by CM) (Oracle 10g reports)
Unable to display additional space in the parameter values (merged by CM) [message #454273] Tue, 04 May 2010 16:54 Go to next message
gentleman777us
Hi,

I have converted oracle 6i report to 10g. The report when converted to oracle 10g does not display the additional space in the values of the parameter form.

ex: in 6i for one of the parameter contains persons name and office. In oracle 6i it displays as follows
David Gibster              OFFICE1
Gilbert Dawn               OFFICE2

In 10g report parameter form the same list is displayed as follows
David Gibster OFFICE1
Gilbert Dawn OFFICE2

The space betwee name and office is trimmed. Is there anyway in oracle 10g we could display the list as in 6i.

Additional Info:

Iam running oracle reports in Unix.

Thanks

CM: When showing an issue with formatting it pays to use [code] tags to preserve the formatting. I've added them for you this time, but next time please do so yourself - see the orafaq forum guide if you're not sure how.

[Updated on: Tue, 04 May 2010 17:59] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Unable to display additional space in the parameter values (merged by CM) [message #454288 is a reply to message #454273] Wed, 05 May 2010 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
How do you retrieve parameter values? Is it a List of Values parameter's property? If so, is it a static one or did you write a SELECT statement? If the latter, how does the query look like?

[Updated on: Wed, 05 May 2010 00:11]

Re: Unable to display additional space in the parameter values (merged by CM) [message #454372 is a reply to message #454273] Wed, 05 May 2010 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
And what are the datatypes of the columns you are selecting the data from?
Re: Unable to display additional space in the parameter values (merged by CM) [message #454456 is a reply to message #454288] Wed, 05 May 2010 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gentleman777us
List of values is based on the following query:
select 
  ' ', 
  ' ' 
from dual 
  UNION
SELECT 
  distinct(presubmissions.RPM_ID), 
  Person.NAME_LAST ||', '|| Person.NAME_FIRST ||' '|| Person.Name_MI, 
  '             ' || Person.Office
FROM 
  PERSON Person,
  PTS_PRESUBMISSIONS  presubmissions
WHERE presubmissions.RPM_ID = Person.PERSON_ID
ORDER BY 2 NULLS FIRST

The data type for person id is Number, and everything else is char

Thanks

[EDITED by LF: formatted and applied [code] tags]

[Updated on: Wed, 05 May 2010 14:58] by Moderator

Re: Unable to display additional space in the parameter values (merged by CM) [message #454475 is a reply to message #454456] Wed, 05 May 2010 15:05 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What is
distinct (presubmissions.RPM_ID)
supposed to be? Distinct RPM_IDs? No, because DISTINCT is applied to all columns contained within the SELECT statement.

Why
'             ' || Person.Office
and not simply
Person.Office

Is it a "standard" Reports' list of values on the parameter form? Could you post a screenshot? I don't have Reports here to check, but - as far as I can recall - columns are nicely aligned in version 10g (as if font was Courier); nothing strange and nothing special to be done in order to achieve such a result.

I can't imagine what might be wrong.

[Updated on: Wed, 05 May 2010 15:05]

Previous Topic: Bar code Registration steps in UNIX
Next Topic: master detail report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:05:21 CDT 2024