Home » Other » Client Tools » Able to connect Database by using SQL*PLUS, but getting error while trying to connect through TOAD ( (Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2; Toad for Oracle 9.7.2; Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.7.0 )
Able to connect Database by using SQL*PLUS, but getting error while trying to connect through TOAD ( [message #453660] Fri, 30 April 2010 03:46 Go to next message
oraranjangmailcom
I am able to connect database by using tnsnames.ora file through SQL*PLUS. But when I tried to connect through Toad (Version 9.7.2.5), I am getting the following error "ORA-12154: TNS: could not resolve the connect identifier specified"

> Detailes are as below...

By using ldap.ora & sqlnet.ora through sql*plus - success
By using tnsnames.ora, ldap.ora & sqlnet.ora through sql*plus - success
By using tnsnames.ora sqlnet.ora through sql*plus - success

By using tnsnames.ora & sqlnet.ora through TOAD - FAILED
By using ldap.ora & sqlnet.ora through TOAD - FAILED

Requesting for the comments on the above issue
Re: Able to connect Database by using SQL*PLUS, but getting error while trying to connect through TO [message #453668 is a reply to message #453660] Fri, 30 April 2010 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
How many TNSNAMES.ORA files do you have on your computer? If more than one, consider creating a TNS_ADMIN environment variable that will point to a single copy of the TNSNAMES.ORA, which also means that all tools you use to access an Oracle database will read the same information.
Re: Able to connect Database by using SQL*PLUS, but getting error while trying to connect through TO [message #453770 is a reply to message #453668] Fri, 30 April 2010 13:46 Go to previous message
wvu1999

How many ORACLE_HOMEs do you have on your PC? Maybe using the Home selector on the Toad login screen you could pick the same one SQL*Plus is using?
Previous Topic: PL/SQL Developer Version 8
Next Topic: SP2-0640: Not connected
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:07:36 CDT 2024