Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Can't create PDF file too big (Oracle reports 10g)
Can't create PDF file too big [message #452046] Mon, 19 April 2010 13:04 Go to next message
Menon35

Regards
I have the following issue:
I can't create a PDF file when this is too big (about 10 Mb), I have been trying to generated from a command Prompt window with a command line similar to the next one:

rwrun.exe REPORT="C:\Report_name.rdf DESTYPE=FILE DESNAME=c:\temp_report.pdf DESFORMAT=pdf ARRAYSIZE=9999 BUFFERS=9999 USERID=user/pass@db

I even have tried with other different parameters like:

PDFCOMP=YES jvmoptions="-Xmx1024M -XX:+PrintGCDetail -Xms1024M -Xss1024k"

*Note
The report is generated in Oracle_HOME\reports\cache but this is not "posted" in the final destination

Any help would be great

Thank you

Efrain
Re: Can't create PDF file too big [message #452097 is a reply to message #452046] Tue, 20 April 2010 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I wouldn't know the answer to your question.

However, perhaps you could try with the following workaround: install a "PDF printer" (such as PrimoPDF, which is free). You'd then send report output to a printer - not a real one, but this virtual printer which is capable of creating a PDF file.

You'll probably find more (free) PDF printers on the Internet; the one I mentioned worked fine when I had to create "large" PDF files. Before that, I used another one (can't remember its name any more) which refused to cooperate Smile
Re: Can't create PDF file too big [message #452380 is a reply to message #452046] Wed, 21 April 2010 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Menon35

I have found the way to fix my issue:

My problem was when creating a PDf report by command line (rwrun.exe), when the report was too big (above the 10 Mg), the report engine was getting "stuck".

The solution was to modify the file: rwbuilder.conf by changing to the following values:

<connection maxConnect="120" idleTimeOut="120">

Regards

Efraín
Re: Can't create PDF file too big [message #452595 is a reply to message #452380] Thu, 22 April 2010 23:18 Go to previous message
ramoradba
Congrats ..
And Thanks for the feed back

sriram Smile
Previous Topic: stop outputting to cache and output directly to file
Next Topic: group above report manually
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 00:09:47 CDT 2024