Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » stop outputting to cache and output directly to file (oracle reports 9i)
stop outputting to cache and output directly to file [message #451071] Mon, 12 April 2010 05:19 Go to next message
monder
hi

currently i have a report which distributes 7,000 pdf documents.

the problem i have is that it is generating them to the report/cache folder first then to the folder i have specified which is doubling the time it takes to run the report.

i'm wondering if there is anyway to stop it output to cache and just output to the folder destination first?

thanks
Re: stop outputting to cache and output directly to file [message #451303 is a reply to message #451071] Tue, 13 April 2010 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
monder
i also have another problem when generating one pdf, the pdf is 222mb and it outputs the pdf to the cache folder but then just seems to hang and doesn't output to the destination folder.

it works when i run it for a smaller file.

anybody have any ideas?

thanks
Re: stop outputting to cache and output directly to file [message #452057 is a reply to message #451303] Mon, 19 April 2010 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Menon35

I'm having exact same issue,, please post your answer here in case you find the solution,, I'll do the same in case I find the solution

Thank you

Efrain
Re: stop outputting to cache and output directly to file [message #452381 is a reply to message #451303] Wed, 21 April 2010 14:37 Go to previous message
Menon35

Maybe this works for you as it worked for me:

I have found the way to fix my issue:

My problem was when creating a PDf report by command line (rwrun.exe), when the report was too big (above the 10 Mg), the report engine was getting "stuck".

The solution was to modify the file: rwbuilder.conf by changing to the following values:

<connection maxConnect="120" idleTimeOut="120">

Regards

Efraín
Previous Topic: Report Resver issue
Next Topic: Can't create PDF file too big
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:35:04 CDT 2024