Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Cannot connect to home page in Apex (Apex 3.2.1)
Cannot connect to home page in Apex [message #450842] Fri, 09 April 2010 09:49 Go to next message
myadmya
Hi
I was wondering if someone could help me, I would really appreciate it. I have been using Apex for the past few months to develop an application, however for the past week I cannot connect to the Apex home page. It is driving me crazy. Every time I try to connect Firefox it is telling me the link is broken.
I have tried to connect using the following
127.0.0.1:8080/apex
localhost:8080/apex
localhost:8080/apex/
localhost:8080/apex/apex_admin
I tried to connect using two different browsers IE and Firefox. I have also restarted the database. The database is working as I can connect using SQL Developer and also when I connect using localhost:8080 it displays the 10g user license agreement
I am using Apex 3.1.2 amd Oracle 10g XE both installed on Windows Vista
I tried disabling the firewall on my machine and still this did not solve the problem. I have also made usre the port number is 8080 by checking
select dbms_xdb.gethttpport from dual;

I can see that there is an active connection on the local host using port 8080 that is listening. Using netstat na. I have also checked to see if its connection to database using LSNRCTL> status
And it seems to be.

Sorry for the long winded post but just trying to give as much detail as possible. I have also attached screen shots of LSNRCTL.Thanks for the replies in advance.
  • Attachment: Apex.jpg
    (Size: 103.46KB, Downloaded 1314 times)
Re: Cannot connect to home page in Apex [message #450862 is a reply to message #450842] Fri, 09 April 2010 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Did you try to delete browsers' cookies?

Could you post a screenshot so that we could actually SEE the error you got? I didn't understand whether it is an Oracle error or operating system one.
Re: Cannot connect to home page in Apex [message #450897 is a reply to message #450862] Sat, 10 April 2010 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
myadmya
Hi,

Thank you for replying. I have tried deleting the browser cookies on both Firefox and and Internet Explorer and this still does not solve the problem.

I have attached the error I am getting. If you have any further suggestions that would be brilliant.

Thanks again
Re: Cannot connect to home page in Apex [message #451407 is a reply to message #450897] Wed, 14 April 2010 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tahpush

Any Vista security updates at the time when you first noticed the problem ?
Re: Cannot connect to home page in Apex [message #452220 is a reply to message #451407] Tue, 20 April 2010 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
myadmya
Hi,

Thanks for the reply sorry for only getting back now. I managed to get it working.

I fixed the problem by opening SQL developer and right clicking on my application and pressed start epg. This seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks for all the help.
Re: Cannot connect to home page in Apex [message #452226 is a reply to message #452220] Tue, 20 April 2010 14:22 Go to previous message
tahpush

Thank you for posting the solution
Previous Topic: Application Express 4.0 is out for early adopters
Next Topic: Is this even possible in PL/SQL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:05:05 CDT 2024