Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » restrict users to run a report (report 6i)
restrict users to run a report [message #450832] Fri, 09 April 2010 09:27 Go to next message
deahayes3

Hello all,

I am using Oracle Applications and I have a report that I would like to run only if the user is authorized to run information from that location.

I have a lov that consist of locations. I would like to check somehow, to see if the user is authorized to run reports from that location, if they are not have a message pop up to say that they are not authorized to run reports for this location. Any ideas?
Re: restrict users to run a report [message #450835 is a reply to message #450832] Fri, 09 April 2010 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Dunno, bear in mind a lot of here don't use oracle applications so we're not really sure what restrictions it imposes on you.
If this was standard oracle forms I'd probably just write some code in the WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger that calls the report to check the location and if there is a problem raise an alert.
Is there anything stopping you doing the same?
Re: restrict users to run a report [message #450864 is a reply to message #450832] Fri, 09 April 2010 16:35 Go to previous message
dude4084
In report, write before paramter report trigger and check in that trigger if the user is allowed to run the report (with respect to location).

If allowed then return(true) else return(false).

Good luck

--Dude
Previous Topic: Oracle Reports Error
Next Topic: Reports generate postscript with .pdf extension
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:19:19 CDT 2024