Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Using SQL Tuning Advisor Interactively on already running task/job/batch
Using SQL Tuning Advisor Interactively on already running task/job/batch [message #450569] Thu, 08 April 2010 01:13 Go to next message
samg4ug
Hi,

I have some batches running 24X7 in the database.
I checked the ADDM report and found some of the queries can be tuned upto 80% benefit.

Now I want to execute sql tuning advisor for the batches already running.
I have all details like spid/sid/sql_id/hash_value/sql_text of the batches.

Now I cannot create a task for already running code and need to generate the report of tuning advisor.

Kindly let me know the process which I can use in this scenario or some link can help. I have already searched multiple links but did not get the exact example.

** OEM is not configured, its is not permitted, I need to go interactively **

Thanks & Regards,
Sam G
Re: Using SQL Tuning Advisor Interactively on already running task/job/batch [message #450590 is a reply to message #450569] Thu, 08 April 2010 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tahpush

Don't forget that the SQL Tuning Advisor requires an "separate" license.
Re: Using SQL Tuning Advisor Interactively on already running task/job/batch [message #450605 is a reply to message #450590] Thu, 08 April 2010 04:51 Go to previous message
samg4ug
Hi,

We have all the licenses of all the Oracle versions we are using. Even we go through half yearly vendor audit. "not permitted" in the sense management does not want us to use oem as it also utilize resource.

Please help me on these.

Regards,
Sam G
Previous Topic: Resolving Latch Free Waits
Next Topic: hash join vs nested loops
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 01:24:53 CDT 2024