Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » oracle connection (windows xp)
oracle connection [message #449837] Thu, 01 April 2010 05:31 Go to next message
zdig10
Hello everyone;
I apologize if this problem has been discussed already but I am really a beginner and my problem has persisted for a long time:
My database is oracle 10g I created (the database was really created by default during installation) a base whose SID is "orcl". She is on a remote database server data (Windows). I checked the file tnsnames. ora file listener.ora file sql.ora but the connection does not work with oracle sql I develop on my machine oracle client is installed. is there any recommendations to check a file changes ...
Thank you it is very urgent
Re: oracle connection [message #449842 is a reply to message #449837] Thu, 01 April 2010 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Check if your server is on.

Seriously, do you think we can know what is wrong without having any information?
What is your error?
What do you see?

Regards
Michel

Re: oracle connection [message #449855 is a reply to message #449837] Thu, 01 April 2010 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zdig10
ok my friend You Have Reason. I described the condition: I work with a pc in which Oracle client(10g) is installed, operating system windows xp sp2 . the oracle server is installed on a server remote database with the operating system is Windows Server 2008. this server belongs to a domain. I try to connect to the Oracle database located on the server. For this I made 2 methods:
1 - I try to connect to oracle using oracle sql developer but even by providing the connection parameters login password username, SID,IP there is an error message: "Exception I / O: the network adapter could not establish the connection "
2-I tried to get connected through a vb.net application that I used to connect to a local oracle database here is the error message: "ORA-12170:
TNS: Connect timeout occurred "

Here is my problem. is that there's other information I have provided?
Note well: I tried to connect from a PC in the same domain and another not belonging but the same problem.
Thank you.
Re: oracle connection [message #450035 is a reply to message #449855] Sat, 03 April 2010 22:52 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
From WINDOWS database server system CUT commands below & PASTE into terminal window:

SET
type %ORACLE_HOME%\network\admin\listener.ora
type %ORACLE_HOME%\network\admin\tnsnames.ora
lsnrctl status
lsnrctl service
sqlplus
/ as sysdba
select * from v$version;
exit

CUT results from commands above & PASTE all back here

CUT & PASTE from command line on database server showing that you can successfully connect to instance on DB Server via SQL*Net
Previous Topic: TNS checksum 0x0000. Is it normal?
Next Topic: connect remote database without providing SID
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:34:21 CDT 2024