Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » printing more records on second page of pre-printed report (Oracle 10g,Developer 6i)
printing more records on second page of pre-printed report [message #448184] Sat, 20 March 2010 05:12 Go to next message
wazir
Hello All..

I hope all of you will be fine and at the best of your health...

I am faceing a problem while printing record on pre-printed page..

Let me make my problem more simple..

I have to print a report which consist of two records set means one is master and other is detail..

Master Record contains information of company and detail record contain records of items...

Master record prints only on 1st page and after that on same page detail of item will print...(upto here everytng is good)..

on second page i have only detail records but here i have only limited number of records.. why becouse i change the property of repeating group: max records per page to 10 and on second page i got only 10 records...

what i want utilze the whole page means on next page it print more items then 1st one as i have pre-printd page with printed header and footer..

thankx in advance..
Re: printing more records on second page of pre-printed report [message #448366 is a reply to message #448184] Tue, 23 March 2010 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What is the "second page"? Is it another sheet of paper (preprinted one, with master and detail sections), or is it back of the same paper sheet (which is not preprinted)?

Is it possible that number of "detail records" spans more than two pages? If so, on what paper do you print them? Are all papers stored in the same printer tray?

Perhaps you should develop a solution which prints the "first" paper on a preprinted document (taken from one printer tray), while the others are printed on a blank paper (taken from another printer tray).

Anyway, I guess that you could provide some more information and we'll try to figure something out.
Re: printing more records on second page of pre-printed report [message #448541 is a reply to message #448366] Wed, 24 March 2010 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wazir
@littlefoot 1st of thankx alot for your time...

Sir actully i have continous pre-printed sheets..which are feeded to printer(EPSON LQ-2180).print will come on all the sheets means alll on front said of the sheets..

Example Report is like
Master Record:-
Vendor Name: XYZ Vndor ID : 1234
Address:XYZ Mobile No:0500555555
Detail Record:-
Item_Code Item_Desc Item_Qty Item_Price Total_Prc
1 A 5 5 25
2 B 2 2 4
3 C 1 1 1
4 D 1 1 1
. . . . .
. . . . .

So what is the requirment:-

when report start on 1st page we have master record (print only on 1st page) and then detail record (will print rest of the sheets and we may have detail record from 1 to 1000 items)...

So what i did after printing master record on 1st sheet i have less space left for detail record so i restict the repeating fram to only print 10 records... So finally what happend 1st page comes good but on next sheet(for all rrest of the sheets) i have only 10 record for detail record...

So what i wants is to prints more then 10 record on next sheets...

is there any way that we can tell the reapeating fram that it is now end of page or end of certine point on the page and now go to next page... or some thning like this...

Note..I have pre-printed continous paper sheets with header and footer..i am using epson lq-2180 dot matrix printer.
Re: printing more records on second page of pre-printed report [message #448581 is a reply to message #448541] Wed, 24 March 2010 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Do not restrict number of records; it, obviously, doesn't work.

Here's how I'd do that (example based on Scott's schema).

Data model is as follows: master (department) and details (employees) simulate your situation. I have cross-joined employees in order to get a lot of records per department.

Queries:
-- Q1
select deptno, dname, loc from dept
-- Q2
select e1.deptno, e1.empno, e2.ename, e2.job
from emp e1, emp e2

/forum/fa/7623/0/

Use report wizard to create a default layout; choose "Group Above". This is the result:

/forum/fa/7624/0/

Now rearrange it a little bit (so that "master" data looks like a header). I'll move department name and its location one below the other:

/forum/fa/7625/0/

This is crucial: group header objects (labels and fields) - select all of them (6 in my case) and press <Ctrl + G>.

Now draw a frame over the group, so that it covers it entirely:

/forum/fa/7626/0/

Move that frame backward; if we didn't group header objects, you'd have to move the frame backward as many times as there are objects it should contain. Having a group, we have to do that only once. The result should be as follows (all objects within the frame):

/forum/fa/7627/0/

Run the report. Here's how it looks like; notice the dashed line which marks the end of the header section (I've taken it from the ruler).

Page 2 (beginning of the department 20 section):

/forum/fa/7628/0/

Page 3 (department 20's second page): header section is empty (as it should be) - detail records follow below:

/forum/fa/7629/0/

That's it, I guess.

[Updated on: Wed, 24 March 2010 07:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: printing more records on second page of pre-printed report [message #448582 is a reply to message #448581] Wed, 24 March 2010 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Huh, I can't see the screenshots. Is it the Forum engine? It *used to work* ...

OK then, here is the zipped file of all images - download it so that you could follow what I've done.

Re: printing more records on second page of pre-printed report [message #448587 is a reply to message #448582] Wed, 24 March 2010 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wazir
Hi...@Littlefoot

Sir i think there is some problem in images there is no preview for them...

secondly the zip file also not working may be corrupt...

please can u send me at wazirzadakhan@yahoo.com and please also again reload on group...

thankx in advance..
Re: printing more records on second page of pre-printed report [message #448639 is a reply to message #448587] Wed, 24 March 2010 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, images are back; I have removed and reattached all of them. I hope you'll be able to see them.
Re: printing more records on second page of pre-printed report [message #449136 is a reply to message #448184] Sat, 27 March 2010 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wazir
@Little Foot.. yes i got the images and really thankfull for your kind help..

yes this helps me alot but i have still facing problem i.e

i have pre-printed continous pages with pre-printed header
(like letter head on which comany name and other infor printed) and pre-printed footer at the bottom of sheet (i.e all the mailing address, fax no,s , phones # are writen)..

So for header i left the space and it goes well but for footer what i do????becouse after printing master record, i have to print the detail record on the rest of the space aviable (which is quite small) and then go to next page and only print the detal records but between that pre-printed header and footer..

So sir i am again waiting for your valuable comments...

wazir
Re: printing more records on second page of pre-printed report [message #449198 is a reply to message #449136] Sat, 27 March 2010 13:06 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I guess that the same principle should be used. Put some effort and try by yourself.
Previous Topic: I want to disply more then 6 columns on my reports
Next Topic: attechment name in oracle report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 07:41:15 CDT 2024