Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Second page not printing from the beginning (Report 6i DB 10g)
Second page not printing from the beginning [message #448076] Fri, 19 March 2010 06:53 Go to next message
rhnshk
Hello Guys,,
How are you all ?

i have a Letter type report, on which i am printing Data with totals in between M_BODY1 AND M_BODY2.

:M_DATE := SYSDATE;
:M_REF := 'HRA/SR/ ';
:M_TO := 'Chief Executive Officer';
:M_FROM := 'Chairman';
:M_SUBJECT := 'Loan Summary for ';

:M_BODY1 := 'The Loan Scheme Committee has reviewed the following Loan applications .....';

<table data starts here....>
whats happening is when the data rows goes on to 2nd page, then on the 2nd page the top space
reserved for from M_DATE AND M_BODY1, remains blank. and the remaining rows are printed leaving so many space.
i want on the 2nd page the data to start print from top.

The property for all fields from M_DATE and M_BODY1 is set to "First Page and Enclosing Object"

:M_BODY2 := 'I seek your approval on the above for total amount of US$ 316,854.64 as recommended by the Committee of the Loan scheme.';

:M_PREPARED_NAME := 'R A S';
:M_PREPARED_DESIG := 'Housing Loan Administrator Secretary';
:M_APPROVED_NAME1 := 'Y A H';
:M_APPROVED_DESIG1 := 'Chairman, Loan Committee';
:M_APPROVED_NAME2 := 'A A. A K';
:M_APPROVED_DESIG2 := 'Cheif Executive Officer';

Also, if after printing the data upto M_BODY2, i want all the Fields from M_PREPARED_NAME upto M_APPROVED_DESIG2 to be always printed together. Suppose if on the last page theres only space left
for M_PREPARED_NAME or M_PREPARED_DESIG, I want all to be printed on the fresh page..

Kindly help solve this.

I am using Report 6i, DB oracle10g
some URL of my problem;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41671539@N05/4445208242/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41671539@N05/4445208430/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41671539@N05/4445208570/
Re: Second page not printing from the beginning [message #448093 is a reply to message #448076] Fri, 19 March 2010 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I can't view those images, but I *think* I know what is going on, as I had the same problem the other day.

Here's what you should do: separate frames that contain "table data" and "body 1". Here's an illustration:

/forum/fa/7601/0/

As of your second question (printing certain information together): enclose them into a frame (you might need to draw it manually; the easiest way is to Group objects together, draw a frame, move frame to background so that it "encloses" those objects) and set frame's Page Protect property to "Yes".
  • Attachment: rep_space.PNG
    (Size: 10.75KB, Downloaded 1405 times)
Re: Second page not printing from the beginning [message #448174 is a reply to message #448076] Sat, 20 March 2010 01:22 Go to previous message
wazir
well.. here is very simple solution...

what to do..just enclose all those feilds (with static frame) of body-1 which you donot wants to print on second page and change it properties as under...

General Layout:-

Vertical Elasticty = variable
Horizontal Elasticity = variable

Adavnace Layout:

Print object on = First Page
Base Printing On = Encloseing Object

• Attachment: img-1.PNG
    (Size: 21.52KB, Downloaded 806 times)
Previous Topic: Dml In Oracle Reports 10g
Next Topic: Column Formatting in Viewer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:39:20 CDT 2024