Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Can we Run multiple reports by using 1 report server. (Developer Suite 10g as a front end, & DB 10g as a backend.)
Can we Run multiple reports by using 1 report server. [message #442173] Fri, 05 February 2010 02:27 Go to next message
suyogsheth
Hi ,
I am a new user with Oracle Reports 10g. Previously i was working on D2K.
I am working for a Banking SW Organization.
I am using Oracle Developer Suite 10g for the Report Developments.
In my previous post. I received the suggestion to run the Report Server from the Command Prompt.
The command for Running it is as: rwserver server = <server_name> start.
By using this my Reports start working.
But now i want to use this in our Application. We are hvingaround 400 Different Reports. We r providind a banking solution. So the Number of users are more from different locations. The Main server has kept at the Head Office. From that location,different branches are going to use these reports by using the link to connect the Server & the Database.
I want to ask that for multiple users should it be necessary to run multiple Reports Servers. ?
The Report server contains the following Details :
Version : 10.1.2.0.2
Name : Test
Jobs in Queue : 0
Active Engines : 2

I have changed some settings from the file : TEST.CONF
The Settings Changed are :
engine id="rwEng" , initEngine="10" ,maxEngine="100" minEngine="1", maxIdle="90"
engine id="rwURLEng", initEngine="10", maxEngine="100" minEngine="1" engLife="50" maxIdle="90"

Now i am running my Report Server. By giving the command : rwserver server = test start

It will start the Report Server. The info showing is as follows :
Version : 10.1.2.0.2
Name : Test
Jobs in Queue : 0
Active Engines : 11

Can multiple users will access the Different reports now by running just 1 server.?
Is there any other process for running the reports from the applications ?

I am using Developer Suite 10g as a front end, & DB 10g as a backend.

Re: Can we Run multiple reports by using 1 report server. [message #442246 is a reply to message #442173] Fri, 05 February 2010 23:28 Go to previous message
halim

yes possible .

regards
Halim
Previous Topic: Z SHAPE TOTAL
Next Topic: 6i to 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:25:24 CDT 2024