Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » page number to omit printing on page 1, and print on all pages after (reports 10g)
page number to omit printing on page 1, and print on all pages after [message #440551] Mon, 25 January 2010 10:05 Go to next message
tuckersuz
Hello:

I have a letter report where I would like the page number to show starting on page 2 and beyond, but not to print on page 1. I have used the field Page Number, and within the property inspector, in Page Numbering, I have it set to Reset at one of my repeating frames. This is not a true page numbering system, where a report has pages 1 thru 20, for example. These reports print letters, and within the report parameters selected, there could be more than one letter within the report output. Within each letter, the page number should not print for the first page, but for each successive page after. When a new letter starts, within this same report run, the page number should not print for the first page, but for each successive page after. How can I do this? I tried setting the format trigger to not print page 1, but it will not recognize PageNumber as a variable.

thanks
Re: page number to omit printing on page 1, and print on all pages after [message #440980 is a reply to message #440551] Thu, 28 January 2010 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
let say for example...
If i read you problem properly....

define one place holder to hold the values from 1 to... .(start with 1 increase the values +1)
and place it on a repeating frame. so that it will repeate for each group right?
i.e.for each letter you will get the numbers then write a trigger to hide the value when ever it is "1".
so for another letter(say like another group) it will start from 1 again...
BY the way What/which kind of report you are using?

sriram Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 28 January 2010 03:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: page number to omit printing on page 1, and print on all pages after [message #440984 is a reply to message #440551] Thu, 28 January 2010 03:48 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
tuckersuz
I have used the field Page Number, and within the property inspector, in Page Numbering, I have it set to Reset at one of my repeating frames (...) I tried setting the format trigger to not print page 1, but it will not recognize PageNumber as a variable.

That was my idea too.

Hint: page number should be retrieved with SRW.GET_PAGE_NUM (check the documentation or this topic for example.

Though, I'm not sure what will SRW.GET_PAGE_NUM get. Will it be smart enough and "know" that you have modified default page numbering (and, above all, the way it is reset)?

If it is intelligent, then format trigger in a form of
  l_page_num number;
begin
  srw.get_page_num (l_page_num);

return (l_page_num <> 1);
end;
*might* do the job.
Previous Topic: Help me in oracle report developer
Next Topic: report shown nothing.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:09:51 CDT 2024