Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » display report name in report (reports 6i)
display report name in report [message #438769] Tue, 12 January 2010 03:05 Go to next message
azalar
I would like to make a report template, that would display the report name and a filename of the stored report in the report header. Is there any function to retrieve those values so that I do not need to manualy sprecify those two values for every report?
Re: display report name in report [message #438782 is a reply to message #438769] Tue, 12 January 2010 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It is easy to find out report name - you'd use SRW built-in package. For example, create a formula column whose code looks like this:
function CF_report_nameFormula return Char is
  retval varchar2(30);
begin
  SRW.GET_REPORT_NAME(retval);
  return (retval);
end;

Now display it on report layout; the simplest way is to use ampersand: &cf_report_name. Or, create a field and make its source previously created formula column.

As of file name, well, I wouldn't know how to do that. (By the way, don't you use the same name for both report and file?)
Re: display report name in report [message #438906 is a reply to message #438782] Wed, 13 January 2010 00:01 Go to previous message
azalar
thank you
Previous Topic: Failed to locate the browser
Next Topic: convert reports 10g into excel file in 2-tier
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:34:21 CDT 2024