Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to use multiple clauses using Lexical Parameter (merged 2) (Report Developer ,10g,Windows Xp)
How to use multiple clauses using Lexical Parameter (merged 2) [message #437089] Thu, 31 December 2009 00:45 Go to next message
mahmud732
Dear all,
I have created a report in dev 10g with a lexical Paramater.
I also want to lexical parameter which help me to display multiple columns from a table.

My report SQL Query is:

Select &Lex_param;

Here &lex_param will be ename,empno,sal,comm from emp

Have any solution? Please...........

Regards

Sultan Mahmud.
Re: How to use multiple clauses using Lexical Parameter (merged 2) [message #437115 is a reply to message #437089] Thu, 31 December 2009 02:29 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't think that you can do that.

Reports, as of runtime point of view, requires predefined layout. It means that you have to create the layout (manually) and, once the report is run, display values in fields that are contained on that layout.

You can, though, manipulate with these fields using their Format Trigger property which returns Boolean; for example, if you create certain parameters that will decide whether to display a field or not, it would look like this:
return (:par_display_hire_date = 1);
which means that, if parameter's (par_display_hire_date) value equals 1, field will be displayed.
Previous Topic: Preventing Print of PDF Files-How to send security options from form.
Next Topic: How Format upto 2 decimal places by put_cell
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:26:00 CDT 2024