Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Preventing Print of PDF Files-How to send security options from form. (10gR2, XP)
Preventing Print of PDF Files-How to send security options from form. [message #436534] Thu, 24 December 2009 01:13 Go to next message
m_golam_hossain

In my office some people are stealing information. So, I want to restrict users from printing PDF Files, they only will view the files.

How can I make the PDF file non-printable.

I use the following command to generate report:

WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT
   (
    :GLOBAL.rwservlet || 
      '&PARAMFORM='  ||'NO'||
      '&PAGESIZE='  ||'8.5X11'||
      '&ORIENTATION=' ||'PORTRAIT'||
      '&COPIES=1'   ||
      '&destype=CACHE'|| 
      '&desformat=PDF'||
      '&userid=pin/jcl@sdb' 
    ,'_blank'
   );

Kind help will be appreciated, please.

Regards.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 December 2009 01:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Preventing Print of PDF Files-How to send security options from form. [message #436537 is a reply to message #436534] Thu, 24 December 2009 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
You can't prevent someone to steal information by not allowing to print PDF files. If nothing else works, they'll print a screenshot (or many of them, if they are really interested in stealing).

You'd rather fire those people.
Re: Preventing Print of PDF Files-How to send security options from form. [message #436540 is a reply to message #436537] Thu, 24 December 2009 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
m_golam_hossain

The problem is that Some of them are responsible persons with skill in their respective field.

Is there anyway that I can disable printing option in PDF, as we do in Adobe Acrobat by selecting File--->Document Property--->Security.

Best regards.
Re: Preventing Print of PDF Files-How to send security options from form. [message #436549 is a reply to message #436540] Thu, 24 December 2009 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
m_golam_hossain
The problem is that Some of them are responsible persons with skill in their respective field.

You must be kidding!

So how are you going to explain those nice guys on high positions that you've disabled PDF printing because they are stealing information?

As of the rest of your message, no idea.
Re: Preventing Print of PDF Files-How to send security options from form. [message #436557 is a reply to message #436549] Thu, 24 December 2009 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
m_golam_hossain

Thank you for the wise assumption.

You may like to understand that some Business Organizations may have some competitors doing the same type of business, who try to make some hands within the competitors business to leak out information like business policy, sales volume, client list, credit limit, credit status, etc. Is not prevention better than cure.

Regards.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 December 2009 03:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Preventing Print of PDF Files-How to send security options from form. [message #436571 is a reply to message #436557] Thu, 24 December 2009 04:36 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Now that has nothing to do with Reports, but never mind.

What "prevention"? The only prevention I see (in your case) is to forbid any kind of access to information to those people. So what if they can not print a PDF? They'll find another way (print a screenshot, take a photo, write those figures on a piece of paper, ... you name it).

Obviously, I can't help. Sorry.
Previous Topic: Setup default printer inside rdf file
Next Topic: How to use multiple clauses using Lexical Parameter (merged 2)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:56:38 CDT 2024