Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Can I build an application using a table which is owned by another user? (Oracle Database 10g Express Edition, Windows XP)
icon5.gif  Can I build an application using a table which is owned by another user? [message #435901] Fri, 18 December 2009 13:20 Go to next message
Beginner Girl
Greetings,

I'm very beginner in Oracle, and I really need help in this point.
I have created 2 user accounts: user1 & user2.

In user1, I wrote:

grant CONNECT, RESOURCE
to user2;

grant select, insert, update
on table1
to user2;

Now, user2 can see the content of that table, but only in the SQL part (select * from user1.table1)
How can I create in user2 an application that uses table1?
When I go to application builder, I have to choose one of the tables owned by this user2. But I can't use table1 of user1 although this user2 has a permission to access it.

Any help?

Thank you in advance!

Beginner Girl

Re: Can I build an application using a table which is owned by another user? [message #435915 is a reply to message #435901] Fri, 18 December 2009 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
delna.sexy
Don't know exactly, but I think SYNONYM can help you out.
Just try it, and reply what happens.

regards,
Delna
Re: Can I build an application using a table which is owned by another user? [message #435917 is a reply to message #435901] Fri, 18 December 2009 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
delna.sexy
In ApEx, before giving list of all tables/views you can select from, it also asks about owner of that table/view.
At that time, you select USER1.
That set.

regards,
Delna
Re: Can I build an application using a table which is owned by another user? [message #435918 is a reply to message #435901] Fri, 18 December 2009 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
delna.sexy
Ok,
SYNONYM wont be helpful in this case.
You have to compulsary follow previously suggested way.

Just select USER1 as owner of the table/view.
Then select TABLE1 as table/view.

regards,
Delna
Re: Can I build an application using a table which is owned by another user? [message #435930 is a reply to message #435918] Sat, 19 December 2009 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beginner Girl
Thanks for your help.

In the step of asking about which schema I want to select a table from, the drop down menu contains only the schema of the current user which I logged in. The other users don't appear, so I can't choose them.

Any idea?

Thanks again.

Regards,
Beginner Girl
Re: Can I build an application using a table which is owned by another user? [message #435931 is a reply to message #435930] Sat, 19 December 2009 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
delna.sexy
Does USER1 and USER2 belongs to same database?

In which component of ApEx, do you require to select table name?

regards,
Delna

[Updated on: Sat, 19 December 2009 03:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can I build an application using a table which is owned by another user? [message #435997 is a reply to message #435931] Sun, 20 December 2009 22:52 Go to previous message
StudentOfOracle
Hi,
I think u cannot build such a application where u called two difference schamas table. but u insert modify delete record in different schma table.
Previous Topic: mod_plsql authentication with sso
Next Topic: Printer Friendly Report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:44:14 CDT 2024