Home » Developer & Programmer » Designer » how to install repository admin utility in Oracle Developer Suite 10g (Oracle 10g Developer Suite)
how to install repository admin utility in Oracle Developer Suite 10g [message #433319] Tue, 01 December 2009 09:39 Go to next message
thientanchuong
I am try logging to Oracle Designer Tool in Oracle Developer Suite 10g. However, I got an message saying:

This user does not have installed Repository. Invoke Repository Admin Utility

After researching on google, I got some tutorial on how to figure out the problem, but another problem occurs on installing Repository admin utility in order to use Oracle Designer

In the repository admin utility interface, I choose Install icon:

then there are all USER which already are stated, I leave it like that, and click on START button then get a error message saying:

ERROR: You do not have SELECT previlege on sys.$V_PARAMETER View. This process can not proceed.

Please help me figure out the problem, I am a newbie and just want to use oracle designer but a lots thing happen
Re: how to install repository admin utility in Oracle Developer Suite 10g [message #433324 is a reply to message #433319] Tue, 01 December 2009 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Connect to SQL*Plus as SYS and grant required privilege to that user (I suppose you know its name, do you?). Here's an example of how to:
C:\>sqlplus sys/sys_password@ora10 as sysdba

SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Uto Pro 1 17:06:54 2009

Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options

SQL> grant select on v_$parameter to scott;

Grant succeeded.

SQL>
Re: how to install repository admin utility in Oracle Developer Suite 10g [message #433370 is a reply to message #433324] Tue, 01 December 2009 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thientanchuong
Thanks for your help, but I still get error when i follow your guide.

firstly, in orcale suite, I pick SQL* in application development. then type user, password and connect string as I already setup.

in sql*, I got somthing like:

Quote:
SQL*Plus: Release 10.1.0.4.2 - Production on Wed Dec 2 05:33:31 2009

Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.
Connected to:
Oracle Database 10g Express Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production

SQL> grant select on v_$parameter to scott;

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

I would like to ask what scott present for ?

If it relates to account in Oracle Database, It will confuse me a bit.
After I login with username as sys and password that I setup in Oracle Datase 10g express edition.
There is an account which already is created, names hr. By tutorial, I create another account for myself which is hung.

Image: please copy and paste in url bar:
Quote:
h.imagehost.org/0986/oracle.jpg

and this my account details:

Image: please copy and paste in url bar:
Quote:
h.imagehost.org/0768/oracle1.jpg

please, help me more about this

[Updated on: Tue, 01 December 2009 23:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: how to install repository admin utility in Oracle Developer Suite 10g [message #433381 is a reply to message #433370] Wed, 02 December 2009 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Did you try and read the installation manual for Designer / Repository?
These tools are professional tools and therefor require some good attention before installing. I'm afraid that if you don't even know that trying to grant a privilege to user X by user X is somewhat useless, installing this might turn out to be somewhat over your head.
Maybe ask some senior co-worker to help you out with this.
Re: how to install repository admin utility in Oracle Developer Suite 10g [message #433382 is a reply to message #433370] Wed, 02 December 2009 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
You didn't follow the instructions, I'm afraid.

You MUST connect as SYS in order to grant privileges on v_$parameter to another user. Otherwise, it just won't work - as you've already seen (unless that user was granted certain privileges with grant option, but that's something you shouldn't worry about at the moment).

"Scott" is user and I let him select data from v_$parameter. You should substitute "scott" with name of a user you are using for repository installation.

By default, "hr" account is locked. You can use it, but first you have to unlock it. Connect as a privileged user (SYS will do, just don't abuse it!) and
SQL> alter user hr account unlock;

User altered.

SQL>

As of the images: please, attach them to your messages. I am unable to open files on file hosting sites.
Re: how to install repository admin utility in Oracle Developer Suite 10g [message #433386 is a reply to message #433382] Wed, 02 December 2009 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Littlefoot wrote on Wed, 02 December 2009 07:54
As of the images: please, attach them to your messages. I am unable to open files on file hosting sites.

Not allowed for new users
Re: how to install repository admin utility in Oracle Developer Suite 10g [message #433391 is a reply to message #433386] Wed, 02 December 2009 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Images too? I thought it was just links ...

Well, perhaps he'll just have to copy-paste SQL*Plus session /forum/fa/3314/0/.
Re: how to install repository admin utility in Oracle Developer Suite 10g [message #450631 is a reply to message #433319] Thu, 08 April 2010 07:43 Go to previous message
Kevin58
Oracle Designer Repository 10.1.2.5 is not supported on the
Oracle XE database. I traveled down that path and it became a dead end.

The version of the Oracle database "Metalink" pointed me at is
11.1.0.6 - Oracle 11g. I'm running Windows XP Professional sp3.
Thanks,

Kevin
Previous Topic: Help with database holding a large amount of data
Next Topic: Oracle Designer Compatibility
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:57:51 CDT 2024