Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to exclude NULL dates from parameter - why 25 views w/no replies? (Discoverer)
How to exclude NULL dates from parameter - why 25 views w/no replies? [message #432994] Sat, 28 November 2009 09:24 Go to next message
pstern
I'm new to this forum but would expect/hope that after being viewed 25+ times someone would be able to suggest a solution.
I realize most questions are of a far more technical nature than mine but... any input?

I've created a report that provides users with Service Request data down to the Task level.

Included are Task Actual End Date From (and To) parameters.

An "Actual End Date From" of 01-NOV-2009 with "Actual End Date To" of 25-NOV-2009 returns all tasks closed in that range as well as any NULL (task actual end date) values.

I have Administrator access and added an item called "Task End Date or Null" to the cs_sr_tasks_v folder "NVL2(Actual_End_Date, Actual_End_Date, 31-DEC-2009)"

My expectation was a condition using a date range from 01-NOV-2009 to 25-NOV-2009 on this new NVL2... item should exclude any Null (now 31-DEC-2009) values but instead it's returning only the records with a null value in the Task Actual End Date column.

I don't doubt that the solution is a simple one, can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong?

[Updated on: Sat, 28 November 2009 11:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to exclude NULL dates from parameter - why 25 views w/no replies? [message #433006 is a reply to message #432994] Sat, 28 November 2009 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Unfortunately, there aren't many OraFAQ Forum members who know much about Discoverer. Several months ago we have had Sabine (skooman) who helped a lot, but recently she doesn't visit the Forum. Therefore, perhaps it would be a good idea to ask for help elsewhere (please, don't think that I'm scaring you away, but the fact is that you might wait for the answer quite a long time here), such as Oracle Technology Network's Discoverer forum.

As of your problem, keeping in mind that I really have no idea about tool you use, is it possible to add another condition to the report which would look like
and actual_end_date IS NOT NULL
Something like that should exclude records that have NULL in the "actual_end_date" column.

[Updated on: Sat, 28 November 2009 11:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to exclude NULL dates from parameter - why 25 views w/no replies? [message #433007 is a reply to message #433006] Sat, 28 November 2009 12:04 Go to previous message
pstern
Littlefoot - Thanks very much for getting back to me. Peter
Previous Topic: How to create calculation which include parameter in discoverer plus
Next Topic: REP-0108
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:23:33 CDT 2024