Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Schema for Oracle Report Developer 10G Course
Schema for Oracle Report Developer 10G Course [message #432951] Fri, 27 November 2009 10:29 Go to next message
jadeite100
Hi All:

I took the course for "Oracle Reports Developer 10g" but I didn't copy the schema when I took the course.
Now,I have the book "Oracle Reports Developer 10g: Build Reports Student Guide" but I look over the internet and I can't find the schema for this course.
I needed the schemas for the following tables:

CUSTOMERS
ORDERS
ORDER_ITEMS
WAREHOUSES
INVENTORIES
PRODUCT_INFORMATION
PRODUCT_DESCRIPTIONS
ONLINE_MEDIA
PRINT_MEDIA

Any help or hint where I can find the sql scripts for this schema is greatly appreciated it.

Yours,

Frustrated.
Re: Schema for Oracle Report Developer 10G Course [message #433049 is a reply to message #432951] Sun, 29 November 2009 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
Why are you bothring about the tables?Just create And insert some records into those of your own data ?

Now you have the book.Right? try the all the methods discussed on that with different scenerios of different scheamas And tables ? Read the book.At the end of the Book you will find the Required CD.Which has the data.

If not create your Own...Can`t you.?Then read the Oracle fine Manual(Sql/Plsql)

sriram Smile
Re: Schema for Oracle Report Developer 10G Course [message #433061 is a reply to message #432951] Sun, 29 November 2009 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It seems that all tables but the last two belong to the OE (Order Entry) schema. _MEDIA tables belong to the PM (Product Media) schema. Because of referential integrity relationship, first install OE schema, then PM one.

Scripts should be available in your %ORACLE_HOME%/DEMO/SCHEMA directory. Otherwise, check Sample Schema Scripts and Object Descriptions page which might help you create those object manually.
Re: Schema for Oracle Report Developer 10G Course [message #433065 is a reply to message #432951] Sun, 29 November 2009 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jadeite100
Hi LittleFoot:

I installed Oracle for Enterprise Edition for 10 in a vmware and it has the schemas as you described. In the directory as you described:
C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\demo\schema\order_entry

From oracle web site:
//download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14198/installation.htm

There should be bunch of sql like hr_main.sql, oe_main.sql,pm_main.sql,
There is a bunch of sql but it doesn't have those sql. The reason, I am asking is that in another vmware, I have Oracle 10 but is not the enterprise edition and it doesn't have sample schemas like pm,oe but have hr.
Therefore, I exported the schema like hr,oe,and pm as a dmp file and tried to import into the Oracle database that doesn't have those schemas. But the result is not perfect.

Worst case, I just used the vmware that have Oracle Enterprise database that have those schemas. But just curios what happen to hose hr_main.sql,oe_main.sql,pm_main.sql? Shouldn't they exists?

Yours,

Frustrated.
Re: Schema for Oracle Report Developer 10G Course [message #433098 is a reply to message #433065] Mon, 30 November 2009 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What has happened during import? Why was the result "not perfect"? Did import fail, or ...?

Documentation says that Quote:
For 10g the SQL scripts are on a separate companion CD.
It can be found in the Oracle Technology Network's download section; here is a link to Oracle 10g R2 for MS Windows 32 bit (which also contains the companion CD). If you are on a different operating system, download the appropriate file.
Re: Schema for Oracle Report Developer 10G Course [message #433176 is a reply to message #433098] Mon, 30 November 2009 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jadeite100
Hi:

Thanks for replying so soon.
I used imp and exp in Oracle quite a lot before this.
What I did was that I created 4 schemas with the same name as the schema I exported from. I also make sure I used the same tablespace name as the one I exported from used the same tablespace name in the import.

What happen was that the version I exported from is an enterprise version and more later versions of 10g ORacle than the one I imported from. The one I imported from is not an Oracl Enterprise Version and is not as advanced.

So I could some errors about the import didnot recognized some sql commands.

What I am confused is that from ORacle website, in the advanced version of ORacle when I have the hr and oe and pm schemas, I should have the following files in the directory c:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\demo\schema. I found this directory but I didn't see the following files:

hr_main.sql,oe_main.sql,pm_main.sql

Yours,

Albert Lam
Re: Schema for Oracle Report Developer 10G Course [message #433200 is a reply to message #433176] Mon, 30 November 2009 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't think that import and export utilities care much about Oracle being Standard or Enterprise. However, import may fail if versions you use are not compatible.

Basically, you should use EXP of the source database and IMP of the target database. If all of them are Oracle 10g, I believe that it doesn't matter either. However, try to follow the advice given above - perhaps you'll manage to import those objects.

As of you being unable to locate SQL files: did you check the Companion CD's contents?

Re: Schema for Oracle Report Developer 10G Course [message #433975 is a reply to message #433176] Sun, 06 December 2009 01:53 Go to previous message
seyed456

http://www.bd.cesma.usb.ve/oracle9i/server.920/a96539/scripts.htm#31409.. try this..I hope it will ..
Previous Topic: REP-0002
Next Topic: No timeout in BI Excel Add-In or D4O
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 13:57:28 CDT 2024