Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Problem connecting with sys schema in Report Builder 6i (oracle 9i DB,Reports builder 6i)
Problem connecting with sys schema in Report Builder 6i [message #432589] Wed, 25 November 2009 01:14 Go to next message
seyed456

Hello All,

Am facing a problem with my report builder that i could not able to login .Am getting invalid username/password or login denied.
I have tried logging in toad by
Username sys
Password sys
connect as sysdba
its working fine there.

thanks in advance
Syed. .
Re: Problem connecting with sys schema in Report Builder 6i [message #432596 is a reply to message #432589] Wed, 25 November 2009 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
Why you want to use SYS ?
Is there any specific reason for that....?
We should not use sys user for normal purpose.

sriram
Re: Problem connecting with sys schema in Report Builder 6i [message #432598 is a reply to message #432589] Wed, 25 November 2009 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seyed456

i cudnt anyhow i fixed it by another user.
i have given
grant sysdba to scott
and later i copied all the tables using
create table destination
select *
from source

Thanks for the response
Re: Problem connecting with sys schema in Report Builder 6i [message #432608 is a reply to message #432598] Wed, 25 November 2009 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
So you want sysdba to be granted in order to create the table based on another ?
Thats not proper....

Ask your dba to grant required privileges.So that he can assign.
Can you share why you want to connect as sys with report builder?

sriram.

Re: Problem connecting with sys schema in Report Builder 6i [message #432613 is a reply to message #432589] Wed, 25 November 2009 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seyed456

nothing since i have created my tables in sys schema.so i just tried to connect with that but i cant able to ,.So far i dint find any solution for that but i found alternate way. .
Re: Problem connecting with sys schema in Report Builder 6i [message #432614 is a reply to message #432613] Wed, 25 November 2009 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
seyed456 wrote on Wed, 25 November 2009 03:56
nothing since i have created my tables in sys schema.so i just tried to connect with that but i cant able to ,.So far i dint find any solution for that but i found alternate way. .

Good luck for your Oracle support.
Dont try this(hope you done at test DB or your own DB installed on your PC) kind of things in production database.

Sys is only for Oracle Not for you test or play.

Sriram
Re: Problem connecting with sys schema in Report Builder 6i [message #432624 is a reply to message #432614] Wed, 25 November 2009 04:53 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
Just to re-enforce what Sriram said

Michel Cadot wrote

- Never ever use sys (or sysDBA) but for maintenance purpose (startup, shutdown, backup, recover)
- sys/sysDBA is special
- sys/sysDBA is Oracle proprietary (try to open a SR/TAR starting with "i did that with sys/sysDBA" and you'll see the immediate answer)
- sys/sysDBA does not act like any other user
- When you use sys/sysDBA Oracle deactivates some code path and activates others
- Whatever you do with sys/sysDBA will neither validate nor invalidate the same thing with any other user.

NEVER EVER use sys/sysDBA for anything that can be done by another user.
Use sys/sysDBA ONLY for something that can't be done by someone else.
Previous Topic: HIDE THE SUMMARY COLUMN
Next Topic: How to create calculation which include parameter in discoverer plus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:54:58 CDT 2024