Home » Other » Marketplace » Fresher Career Advice PLease (Oracle 9i, PL/SQL, UNIX)
Fresher Career Advice PLease [message #432123] Sat, 21 November 2009 07:33 Go to next message
evk_87
I am a graduate from Mumbai University having done B.Sc.I.T (Information Technology) with an aggregate of 70%+ in all semester.

Adding to my academic background,

- I finished my OCP in Oracle Database 9i.
- I have sound background in PL/SQL as well.
- Also Looking out for a 10g upgradation.

My question here is:
- What are my career scope ?...
- what can I expect as my first steps in the corporate world ?
Advise please !!

Thanks,
evk_87
Re: Fresher Career Advice Please [message #432710 is a reply to message #432123] Wed, 25 November 2009 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
This is just say....Knowledge is much more important than certification.

If you really have sound knowledge in pl/sql that sounds great.

Also As you are looking for 10g this what you should do first based on the Indian IT market.

Read the Oracle documents and have a look at forums and sites like "AskTom","Orafaq","forums.oracle"..so on which will give you some real time expertise...And If you are more confident on your Oracle knowledge than apply for a job(No matter developer or Junior DBA It depends on your interest and availability.And if it possible do some certification (learn sound knowledge on Unix too) on Different platforms (OS level)

Good Luck Smile
Sriram Smile
[EDITED by DJM: quoting the preceeding thread is pointless!]

[Updated on: Wed, 25 November 2009 23:39] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fresher Career Advice Please [message #432717 is a reply to message #432710] Wed, 25 November 2009 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
evk_87
Thanks Sriram for your response...

I also have another query..

I recently got an interview call from a company who are hiring freshers for Oracle Apps. Some my friends told me that, working in oracle apps is just a data entry sort of jobss....

is it true ?

My second question is, does a job in oracle apps have any relation to PL/SQL as its future scope. ?

Thanks,
[EDITED by DJM: quoting the preceeding thread is pointless!]

[Updated on: Wed, 25 November 2009 23:40] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fresher Career Advice Please [message #432721 is a reply to message #432717] Wed, 25 November 2009 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
No need to quote the entire message....

Your are talking about Oracle Apps Or Oracle Apps Dba

This will help you

sriram Smile
Re: Fresher Career Advice Please [message #432797 is a reply to message #432721] Thu, 26 November 2009 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
evk_87
it is not oracle apps dba.....just plain old Oracle apps.

what future does it hold ? oracle apps ?
Re: Fresher Career Advice Please [message #432800 is a reply to message #432797] Thu, 26 November 2009 06:14 Go to previous message
pablolee
You would have to ask your prospective employer what the career opportunities are withing the company that would be available to you.
Previous Topic: DeZign for Databases V6.0 Adds Support for Bidirectional Synchronization of Models and Databases
Next Topic: career advise wanted please!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:16:01 CDT 2024