Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to create calculation which include parameter in discoverer plus (discoverer plus)
How to create calculation which include parameter in discoverer plus [message #431717] Thu, 19 November 2009 04:15 Go to next message
ahbo

Hi,
would like to ask for assistance.
1. i have a script and 1 of the condition is as per below :

A.TRANSACTION_DATE IN (SELECT MAX (A2.TRANSACTION_DATE)
FROM MTL_MATERIAL_TRANSACTIONS A2, MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS_FVL B2
WHERE A2.INVENTORY_ITEM_ID(+) = B.INVENTORY_ITEM_ID AND
trunc(transaction_date) between :date1 and :date2 ) )

i would like to apply it at discoverer plus and below is the calculation created in disc plus:

MAX(OQDR2.Transaction Date) OVER (PARTITION BY OQDR2.Segment1,OQDR2.Balance SUM ORDER BY OQDR2.Segment1 RANGE BETWEEN :START DATE AND :END DATE)

the output should be
the last value for segment1, balance and transaction date within parameter entered which is transaction date
however, there is error message prompt

- error in formula - unexpectedend of formula - error : syntax error: token : at position 134

please advise what should i change for the calculation?
Re: How to create calculation which include parameter in discoverer plus [message #432632 is a reply to message #431717] Wed, 25 November 2009 06:13 Go to previous message
gauravdua2004
Not much clear about the requirement .I think you want to add one condition and one Calculation column.

For condition,
You can create new condition by selecting 'Create subquery...'from value(s) tab for yours item TRANSACTION_DATE

For calculation column
Not much clear about the requirement, but you can create calculation column including parameters .For this first create required parameters and then when you create calculation you will see parameters folder on left side under show 'Items' radio button and you can select required parameter for yours calculation.

Hope this will help......

Regards
Gaurav Dua
Previous Topic: Problem connecting with sys schema in Report Builder 6i
Next Topic: How to exclude NULL dates from parameter - why 25 views w/no replies?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:01:22 CDT 2024