Home » Other » Client Tools » sybase to Oracle migration (Oracle 10.2.0.4,windows)
sybase to Oracle migration [message #430221] Mon, 09 November 2009 09:56 Go to next message
sundarfaq
Hi,

I have converted sybase database objects like tables,view,stored procedure,store functions,trigger into oracle database using oracle sql devloper.
I have moved all data from sybase into oracle database using online data moving methods.but i unable to move the data from sybase to oracle database.i faced the problem like
the all the control file,pre load and post sql file generated but data file is not generated. During the sql loader process, it shows the error
SQL*Loader-500: Unable to open file (dig.dbo.AIRPORT_GROUP_AIRPORT.dat)
SQL*Loader-553: file not found
SQL*Loader-509: System error: The system cannot find the file specified.
SQL*Loader-2026: the load was aborted because SQL Loader cannot continue.
I have checked the current location,the data file is not generated.

Please help me how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Michael.
Re: sybase to Oracle migration [message #430255 is a reply to message #430221] Mon, 09 November 2009 15:19 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Perhaps I have misread the question, but - are you, by any chance, using SQL*Loader to extract data from Sybase? The following sentence sounds like that:Quote:
I have checked the current location,the data file is not generated.
If so, bad news for you: SQL*Loader is a tool which loads data (from a file) into the Oracle database, not vice versa.

Also, what does that mean:Quote:
I have moved all data from sybase into oracle database using online data moving methods.but i unable to move the data from sybase to oracle database
So, did you move it or not? "I moved but I'm unable to move" ?!?
Previous Topic: What's the camera icon on the pl/sql developer tool bar?
Next Topic: TOAD 8.6 on Windows 7
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 17:49:41 CDT 2024