Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Parameter Form Issues.... (Oracle 9i, Windows XP)
Parameter Form Issues.... [message #430030] Sat, 07 November 2009 01:31 Go to next message
sreejith.s
Hi All,

I have two fields in the parameter form. One named 'employee number' and the other named 'document number'. Whenever the user enters an employee number, I want all the corresponding document numbers to be displayed in the form of an LOV. I'm not sure if its possible to do this in Oracle. In case I have to call the document numbers from the form, please guide me on how to go about the procedure.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Shri
Re: Parameter Form Issues.... [message #430034 is a reply to message #430030] Sat, 07 November 2009 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As far as I can tell, not possible through Reports parameter form. (Though, only once I've seen someone saying that he had done that, but he had never replied and showed how to do it.) You could, on the other hand, write your own "parameter form" using Forms Developer which provides more flexibility (including the one you are talking about).
Re: Parameter Form Issues.... [message #430072 is a reply to message #430034] Sat, 07 November 2009 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sreejith.s
Thanx a ton....Will give it a try n get back to you...

Regards
Shri
Re: Parameter Form Issues.... [message #430073 is a reply to message #430034] Sun, 08 November 2009 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sreejith.s
Hi,

I have a push button on my form from where the report is invoked. Any help on where I should be making the changes in order to to get the fields as mentioned above?

Thanx for your earlier response.

Regards
Shri
Re: Parameter Form Issues.... [message #430429 is a reply to message #430073] Tue, 10 November 2009 06:44 Go to previous message
javed.khan

You need to call ( in a program unit) all the parameters from form you are goin to design suppose you have a form with two feilds "Employee Numner" and "Document Number" .

on when-button-pressed
PROCEDURE PARAM_LIST IS
pl_id paramlist;
BEGIN
 pl_id :=get_parameter_list('Your_Para_Name');
 if not id_null(pl_id) then
     destroy_parameter_list(pl_id);
 end if;

pl_id :=create_parameter_list('Your_Para_Name');
 if id_null(pl_id) then

message('Error creating parameter list '||'Your_Para_Name');
 end if;
 Add_Parameter(pl_id,'P_EMPNUMBER',TEXT_PARAMETER,:EMP_NUMBER);
 Add_Parameter(pl_id,'P_DOCNUMBER',TEXT_PARAMETER,:DOC_NUMBER);
 Add_Parameter(pl_id, 'PARAMFORM', TEXT_PARAMETER, 'no');
 run_product(REPORTS,'Your_Report_Name', SYNCHRONOUS, RUNTIME,FILESYSTEM, pl_id, null);
 END;

If you are actually copying only the above code Razz then make sure you have :EMP_NUMBER and :DOC_NUMBER on your form as well as P_EMPNUMBER and P_DOCNUMBER on your report added Otherwise take it as a refrence
Populate the document number record group on the basis of employee number .

Happy Reporting through Form parameter
Jak
Previous Topic: End user access to a respective report
Next Topic: Calculation help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:52:16 CDT 2024