Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » how to display output of the report in tabular format (reports)
how to display output of the report in tabular format [message #427753] Sat, 24 October 2009 23:40 Go to next message
sivaora
hi all,
i want to display the report output in tabular style dynamically or statically in oracle reports 6i.
i designed it in layout model with tollbar optins taking lines.
but it is not much effective.

internal external total pass/fail
sub1
sub2
sub3
Re: how to display output of the report in tabular format [message #427786 is a reply to message #427753] Sun, 25 October 2009 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't think I understood the question, but - is it the matrix layout you are looking for?
Re: how to display output of the report in tabular format [message #427795 is a reply to message #427786] Sun, 25 October 2009 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sivaora
NO, i want to get the report output in tabular style.
like tabular style in form 6i.

example: examination results
Re: how to display output of the report in tabular format [message #427799 is a reply to message #427795] Sun, 25 October 2009 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
example: examination results

This is anti-example. I can display "examination results" in quite a few ways, and none of them doesn't have to fit your needs. If you are providing an example, than do that properly - show us how is your report supposed to look like. Something like
Pos  Driver Name         Team
---  ------------------  ---------
 1   Juan Pablo Montoya  McLaren
 2   Pedro de la Rosa    Arrows
 3   Cristiano da Matta  Minardi

If the above reflects your needs, then - what's the problem? This is the most basic and default layout.
Re: how to display output of the report in tabular format [message #428288 is a reply to message #427753] Tue, 27 October 2009 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sivaora
i need this type of output format and i can get it easily.
but additional thing is i want to display this output in tabular style layout.
the table format must contains number of rows and number of columns that match with the number of columns and rows fetched from report query .
if a repeating frame in my report fetches 10 rows then the table should fit to the data with 10 rows dynamically.

see the example and understand my requirement first.i need to get the output not only in tabular style but also including the table,
in both statically and dynamically.
  • Attachment: example.PNG
    (Size: 9.74KB, Downloaded 825 times)
Re: how to display output of the report in tabular format [message #428300 is a reply to message #428288] Tue, 27 October 2009 15:54 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Do you, actually, want to display grid? If so, set items' "Line color" to black. Put all items one next to another.
Previous Topic: Graphics in PDF reports
Next Topic: how to display alternate pages in a report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:36:56 CDT 2024