Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Making a part of a string invisible (Reports 6i)
Making a part of a string invisible [message #427744] Sat, 24 October 2009 16:37 Go to next message
sindikalac
I've had some problems with my reports when printing. Some of the text was cut out (last words in the last sentence on the left side of the paper) although when I preview it on the screen it's all there, but this was just introduction for my question.

I created a function where I have a statement like this:

:cp_1:=first_part||second_part;

cp_1 is placeholder for a string, and I put that on layout of the report &<cp_1>. I realized that I will resolve my problem, if I add extra text to my string, but I need to visually hide it (second_part). That is just a way how to trick my printer not to cut out some of my text.

I don't know how to hide second_part of the above string. I tried to change color of it into white, but I don't see how.

Do you have any idea?
Re: Making a part of a string invisible [message #427784 is a reply to message #427744] Sun, 25 October 2009 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Make the "second string" all blanks:
:cp_1 := 'this is the first string' || '                  ';

Re: Making a part of a string invisible [message #428011 is a reply to message #427784] Mon, 26 October 2009 16:06 Go to previous message
sindikalac
I tried that. It didn't work. It just worked when I added for example: ||'1111111'. But I wanted to hide this array of characters.
Previous Topic: reports 10g issue while calling from forms
Next Topic: issue in running reports from forms in iDS 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:28:34 CDT 2024