Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » DESNAME in Reports 10g
DESNAME in Reports 10g [message #427009] Tue, 20 October 2009 10:11
cristian_chelemen
Hi Gurus!

I'm running Oracle Developer Suite 10g on Oracle Enterprise Linux (Red Hat 5). I run a Report from Forms with "web.show_document" utility. Before executing this I have this line SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY (report_id, report_desname, 'something.pdf');

Also, on client I have installed Adobe Acrobat
The report is running well with desformat = 'PDF' and destype = CACHE.

In Mozilla it opens up another tab page (I use web.show_document (reports_servlet || '/getjobid' || vjob_id || '?server=' || report_server_name, ' _blank')Wink and in IE6 it open up another page with the PDF opened into Acrobat opened into browser.

So everything is ok until now, except the fact that when I'm trying to do a "Save As..." to client, the name is different than the name specified in DESNAME (is like "getjobidxxx.pdf", where xxx is a number - job ID, of course).

I read on some forums that DESNAME is used in Reports only when destype is not CACHE. I changed this value and it is the same filename; DESNAME value is ignored as filename but this parameter is containing the value sent thru Oracle Forms.
So, could you please tell me where I got wrong? I really think it's a small issue that slips me right now (is kind of annoying).

Thank you in advance!
Cristian

Previous Topic: hide the default toolbar of report
Next Topic: Run procedure before retrieve the data
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:50:04 CDT 2024