Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » delimiter in oracle reports
delimiter in oracle reports [message #426034] Tue, 13 October 2009 21:53 Go to next message
radhavijaym
Hi All,

i had a report i had many columns in my layout so i want to use delimiter '^' for columns in my report.
how to set delimiter for columns in an oracle reprot.

thanks,
radha
Re: delimiter in oracle reports [message #426055 is a reply to message #426034] Wed, 14 October 2009 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Wouldn't you, rather, create a text box around the value (and, thus, distinguish one value from another)? You'd do that simply by selecting a field and setting its "line color" to ... black, for example.

Otherwise, if you insist on delimiting values by a certain character, you'd have to concatenate it with all values of the select statement, such as
select id ||'^'|| name ||'^'|| address ||'^'|| telephone
from some_table

Note that such an approach requires additional job on your side as all those values probably won't have the same length which means that you wouldn't have strict columns but somewhat scrambled output, difficult to read. Therefore, you'd have to use TO_CHAR function for numbers, RPAD for characters and/or some other functions which would make the output readable.

If I were you, I wouldn't do that. (Unless there's some hidden reason you didn't share).
Re: delimiter in oracle reports [message #426090 is a reply to message #426034] Wed, 14 October 2009 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
radhavijaym
Hi,
i had to print so many columns that are around 12 columns in the output so i want to keep delimiter for each column.
please find the attached report.
and i want to print the report name date,paramets only once how to set it.
  • Attachment: XXFAEXPRP.rdf
    (Size: 212.00KB, Downloaded 1278 times)
Re: delimiter in oracle reports [message #426348 is a reply to message #426090] Thu, 15 October 2009 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Sorry, but I'm unable to view your report for another few days. Perhaps you should re-read what I have said and try to fix it by yourself (or wait for another opinion).
Re: delimiter in oracle reports [message #426349 is a reply to message #426348] Thu, 15 October 2009 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
radhavijaym
Hi,
i tried what u told .
but still im not getting the correct o/p.

thanks,
radha
Re: delimiter in oracle reports [message #427561 is a reply to message #426349] Fri, 23 October 2009 04:46 Go to previous message
beginnerHere
hey radha,

if you are to print the report then why don't you generate it through File->Generate to file-> and then choose what format you want to save it in and specify the delimiter there. you have various delimiters to choose from
Previous Topic: reports rwclient.sh mode=character not formatting to landscape
Next Topic: Reports 10g output
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:45:13 CDT 2024