Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » matrix report (9i/6i/xp)
matrix report [message #422414] Wed, 16 September 2009 04:34 Go to next message
conversing
hi gurus i want to generate report in the following format. can any body help me??
  • Attachment: report.csv
    (Size: 0.17KB, Downloaded 1137 times)
Re: matrix report [message #422418 is a reply to message #422414] Wed, 16 September 2009 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Do you know how to create a matrix report (of any kind, not the one you've presented as a CSV file)?

Basically, create a query which fetches data you are interested in. Then copy it into Reports Developer and create groups which will represent "rows", "columns" and "cells". Let Wizard create a default layout (as well as summary fields). Finally, rearrange fields in Layout Editor.
Re: matrix report [message #422420 is a reply to message #422418] Wed, 16 September 2009 04:56 Go to previous message
conversing
yes i can create simple matrix reports. i am able to create the report i mentioned upto the column of total (which are comming from sales table having pid as product id) but i am missing the secret of writing exact opening balances against each product(which are coming from opening_balance table having pid as product id)and at the end subtracting total sale from opening balance. hope you got my point
  • Attachment: report.csv
    (Size: 0.17KB, Downloaded 1116 times)
Previous Topic: Crosstab reports in Discoverer
Next Topic: Matrix Report - REP-1813:Object <object name> too large to fit in matrix cell
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:08:01 CDT 2024