Home » Open Source » Programming Interfaces » Copying Blob data from one database to another database
Copying Blob data from one database to another database [message #421596] Wed, 09 September 2009 06:10 Go to next message
Praba
Hi,

I am trying to copy blob data from one database to another database in C# code. But it throws me an exception as follows:

"This operation requires to use the same connection"

Pls help me to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Praba
Re: Copying Blob data from one database to another database [message #421606 is a reply to message #421596] Wed, 09 September 2009 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
As you didn't post the "operation that requires..." we can't say.

Regards
Michel
Re: Copying Blob data from one database to another database [message #421635 is a reply to message #421606] Wed, 09 September 2009 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Praba
Hi Michel,

The problem is I opened a connection to one db and copied the blob data and opened connection to another db and tried to paste the blob data. It was throwing the above mentioned error.

I got the solution Smile

I converted blob data into bytes and then stored the bytes into the new db.

I think, since blob is an Oracle class, we could not use a blob instance in another connection. Share your views on it.

Regards,
Praba
Re: Copying Blob data from one database to another database [message #421642 is a reply to message #421635] Wed, 09 September 2009 10:30 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
I have no idea of what you did so can't share anything.
Maybe if YOU start to share the code.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: DBD:Oracle Install Problems RHEL
Next Topic: temp tablespace becomes full, not released by JDBC thin client ojdbc14.jar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:03:37 CDT 2024