Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Page Break depending on a parameter in rdf
Page Break depending on a parameter in rdf [message #421282] Mon, 07 September 2009 04:46 Go to next message
kumr
Hi,
For a given parameter like order by = customer, layout should be changed to not have page break after each customer / to not have page break at all.

Thanks in Advance
Re: Page Break depending on a parameter in rdf [message #421298 is a reply to message #421282] Mon, 07 September 2009 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't think that it is possible; at least, I don't know how to "dynamically" modify report layout in such a case.

Though, what you could do, is to develop "two reports in one" (if possible, regarding its complexity and performance). For example, you'd create two queries (they would probably be the same), but layout model would differ regarding a parameter value (breaks, columns' positions, etc.).

Then you'd either display (or not) the whole layout that belongs to one of these queries - you'd use outmost frame's FORMAT TRIGGER and return TRUE or FALSE, depending on a parameter value.
Re: Page Break depending on a parameter in rdf [message #421321 is a reply to message #421282] Mon, 07 September 2009 08:23 Go to previous message
kumr
HI
Thanks for your reply.
I ll try that
But how can i eliminate page break for a frame such that all the rows are printed at a stretch in single page.
Previous Topic: group above in excel sheet
Next Topic: 801 Internal Errors in Ropert Builder while compiling code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:25:41 CDT 2024