Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Generate PDF (Oracle report 10g)
Generate PDF [message #420431] Sat, 29 August 2009 09:31 Go to next message
meim
Hi all,

I am new to Oracle report building, i did some practice following oracle tutorial, however, i feel til now am not coverin' the whole required concepts ! Sad

i have a task to call a report and generate the output as PDF ( during runtime )

so far, i think am familiar in building the report, but what should i do to make the output as PDF ?

Any hint?

Regards,
Meim

Re: Generate PDF [message #420435 is a reply to message #420431] Sat, 29 August 2009 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roger22
you can directly open your report in a PDF format, as long as Developer 10g runs in a Web environment
Re: Generate PDF [message #420441 is a reply to message #420435] Sat, 29 August 2009 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meim
First, thnks roger for passing to answer my question (f)

Second, could you elaborate plz, do you mean by that , once i call the report ( for example in a form ) it will be display as PDF ?

if yes, is this related to the report layout that i choose at the beginning of building ( paper layout / web layout ) ?

n what about the report extension after i save it? since report builder provides different extension (e.g. JSP, RDF, HTML ) ...

Appreciate your help (f)

-meim
Re: Generate PDF [message #420473 is a reply to message #420431] Sun, 30 August 2009 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
juniormy

RAQ Report is a free java reporting tool. RAQ Report can export report to PDF easily. You can have a try.
Re: Generate PDF [message #420575 is a reply to message #420473] Mon, 31 August 2009 10:29 Go to previous message
meim
juniormy, thanx a lot for you suggestion.

if you mean this tool helps to generate PDF directly from it, then Oracle Report builder can do as well.

but my question was hw to get this during runtime. anyhow, i could do this by specifying the type of the output i want, i tried it once with PDF and other with HTML.

while calling a report from a form we need to specify set of properties like:

REPORT_COMM_MODE = SYNCHRONOUS,

and REPORT_DESFORMAT: HTML, HTMLCSS or PDF

regards,
meim
Previous Topic: problem with quotation marks in Reports
Next Topic: Apps report column not matching Oracle report column
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:36:18 CDT 2024