Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Commiting in Report trigger not happening has expected (Reports9i)
Commiting in Report trigger not happening has expected [message #418394] Fri, 14 August 2009 10:36 Go to next message
cutsmartprem
Dear All,
I have designed a report, wherein a sequence no is generated each time the report is run. This sequence no is unique based on the user's parameters. We faced some problems in certain cases as mentioned below.

1) The seqno is generated by adding +1 to the max(number) in the table. When two users run the report at the same time, it is expected the sequence nos should be different. But since both users run at the same time, the no appears to be same in both cases. In the before report trigger, we are inserting the data into a table and displaying it. The table is to maintained permanently, since the data is important.

2) When the same user runs the report in the same session, the before report trigger does not run.

Request you to help.
Re: Commiting in Report trigger not happening has expected [message #418395 is a reply to message #418394] Fri, 14 August 2009 10:42 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
As far as one goes - using an oracle sequence is the only way to garantee unique numbers in a multi-user system.
Previous Topic: disabling the user parameter in reports 6i
Next Topic: repeating frames.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:24:29 CDT 2024