Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Page break/empty page issue with main section height
Page break/empty page issue with main section height [message #417251] Thu, 06 August 2009 13:37 Go to next message
sathish009
Hi,

I have big report with 4 data sections.

This is the structure of the report.

Main Frame
--> Repeating Frame
-->Frame1 - PageBreak After - Yes
Some Fields
-->Frame2 - PageBreak After - Yes
Some Fields
--> Repeating Frame
-->Frame3 - PageBreak After - Yes
Some Fields
--> Repeating Frame
-->Frame4 - PageBreak After - Yes
--> Repeating Frame

The size of the report with all the fields and frames in designer is coming up to 30 inches.

When I run the report leaving the Main Section Height property setting to 11 inches,
I get the following error
REP-1212: Object 'M_6' is not fully enclosed by its enclosing object 'Body'

When I changed the Main Section Height property setting to 30 inches then the report runs fine,
but each page break is taking 30 inches even though there the data is not 30 inches.
Meaning even though section 1 (frame 1) has only 10 lines section 2 is displayed after 30 inches of section 1.

Can anyone help me fix this problem?

I hope I explained the problem clearly.

Thanks
Sathish
Re: Page break/empty page issue with main section height [message #417425 is a reply to message #417251] Sat, 08 August 2009 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shaz
what is the version of your reports builder???

Quote:
REP-1212: Object 'M_6' is not fully enclosed by its enclosing object 'Body'

This problem is arousing because some field(s) in the frame is/are getting out of the frame body. Just try reducing the size of the field and your report will run fine with Section Height property setting to 11 inches.
Re: Page break/empty page issue with main section height [message #418010 is a reply to message #417251] Wed, 12 August 2009 08:31 Go to previous message
juniormy

Maybe RAQ Report is a good choice. It's a free excel-like java reporting tool. I'm using it now. I find it wonderful. It can realize this requirement easily.
Previous Topic: different format mask
Next Topic: disabling the user parameter in reports 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:15:31 CDT 2024