Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Oracle Performance Issue with dbms_stats.gather_table_stats (Oracle 9i)
Oracle Performance Issue with dbms_stats.gather_table_stats [message #416423] Sun, 02 August 2009 04:14 Go to next message
draculla
Hello experts,

May I have your input regarding abovementioned title.

I use to run dbms_stats.gather_table_stats at midnight daily for all tables, as well as dbms_stats.gather_index_stats for all indexes.

However, while executing dbms_stats.gather_table_stats table ABC (likely to take 50mins), the HP-UX server crash and failover.

The failover was sucessful but then from that on, all queries related to that table ABC have serious performance issue.

Would or should the unfinish execution of dbms_stats.gather_table_stats on table ABC causes this performance issue?

It yes, may i know why and how?

Thanks.
Re: Oracle Performance Issue with dbms_stats.gather_table_stats [message #416427 is a reply to message #416423] Sun, 02 August 2009 05:29 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
Would or should the unfinish execution of dbms_stats.gather_table_stats on table ABC causes this performance issue?

Most likely.

Quote:
It yes, may i know why and how?

Because some stats are wrong.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: How To Eliminate Sort Unique
Next Topic: regarding statspack....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 02 02:43:18 CDT 2024